Mouse Cursor Has A "White L Shaped Line" Next To It

Greetings,

So I logged into WoW yesterday and my mouse cursor has a “white L” shaped line next to it. I have tried disabling add ons, reinstalling game, scan and repairing game. Nothing is fixing it and no one I know has this issue also. I found a user on reddit who also has this issue.

Weirdly if I change the mouse size in game to anything but default, it goes away. However no matter what I do the default size appears this way.
Update: On WoW classic the issue isn’t there but on retail it is…

Link
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1asak6s/why_is_mouse_like_this/

UPDATE: Just an update, reinstalled windows and turned off insider and it fixed the problem

4 Likes

Did you run a repair on the game? It may be missing an asset to fill in that white space. Or it could be a UI scaling issue if you’re using that.

Yes I have tried multiple scan and repairs, and even reinstalled. Not using UI scaling but I even tried multiple UI scales to see if it fixed it and no luck. Still having the issue and it seems a few others on reddit are having the same issue. Weirdly though classic WoW doesnt have the issue but retail does.

Can you link the threads where others are having the issue?

I am having the same issue. Tried updating Nvidia drivers, running scan on wow, uninstalled and re-installed wow, disabled all addon, renamed WTF folder the lines are still there. Cursor is fine in wow launcher. It will change when the loading screen shows.

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1asak6s/why_is_mouse_like_this/

That seemed to fix it for me. Now I have a giant cursor.

Think about resetting the UI and return the settings to default.

Same problem - also running a windows insider build. White L shape around the cursor only appears in the 32x32 setting. Changing it to a larger size in the WoW settings removes the issue - but the large cursor is really throwing me off. So uncertain if its a windows thing or a WoW thing.

Good point didn’t think about that I am on windows preview 26058_release)240209-1555.

1 Like

I’m also having this problem, and was also able to work around it by increasing the cursor size in the accessibility settings.

Ah, that explains it. Windows Insider builds are not officially supported by WoW/any Blizz game since they have experimental features and push quick changes to the operating system.

I posted in one of the other threads. But there seems to be a handful of fixes posted on the Microsoft support forums. I would take a look at microsoft support

Can you provide a bit more direction please, I am having trouble finding anything on there that’s related to this issue. Thanks

Have you tried this These are from several of the threads. Which insider build are you running?

-Restart the computer

-unplug and reattach the mouse (both of them)

-Update/Reinstall mouse drivers

-change pointer size/color in options (including restarting between changes)

-manufacturer’s website download the mouse drivers and install it in compatibility mode

1 Like

Just an update, reinstalled windows and turned off insider and it fixed the problem

1 Like

Thanks for reporting back.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.