Mouse cursor “sticking”

This was posted on another forum and a blue told me it would help to post it here as well:

so i went on vacation for a bit and came back. my cursor is randomly stuck sometimes. for example i will move it left and instead of moving like normal it will just stay put slightly moving back and forth really fast like it is twitching. the only way I have found atm to fix this on the fly is to stop moving my mouse and start again. it stays ok for maybe 20 seconds then happens again.

I have tried on other games and it does not happen on overwatch, eso, or ffxiv. only wow. i have disabled all addons and scanned the game for repairs. nothing seems to fix it. any help would be appreciated. i am putting a link to an imgur where i show on my phone camera (sry thats the best i can do) what it looks like. It does not seem like a giant deal, but as someone who like to arena often it can be very frustrating when I am trying to click on a grounding totem capacitor totem or something really fast to kill it and my cursor just wont move

here is the imgur:
https://imgur.com/gallery/SlXcYEs

also i want to say what I am doing in the video is just a process to try and reproduce the glitch for the video

ive tried 3 mouses and it happens on all of them

Edit 2: here is a video example that someone posted below of a real situation of the cursor glitching out in a M+

21 Likes

I had a similar issue develop out the blue today. The best way I could describe is that my mouse would seem like it’s frequently rubber banding for like 5 seconds every so often. I should note that I have only experienced this issue when playing the game.

6 Likes

I have the same problem. It started today, and only happens only happens when i mouse over something targetable.

5 Likes

If you’re having the same problem as me with camera movement bug I’ve found a solution on the forums

/console rawMouseEnable 0

5 Likes

that works for a different issue though, when you’re walking and the camera moves when you move your mouse. The mouse sticking still happens regardless if you use that command or not.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same thing. It’s really bad on something like the “Runelocked Chest” WQ in Nazjatar, the match three one. My cursor gets stuck continually within the runes, like there’s some kind of barrier not allowing it to move out of the rune. Super weird.

I have had it happen all kinds of other places, too. When mousing over an NPC, when mousing over a treasure chest in Mechagon, when mousing over random enemies. I’ll note that I’ve never experienced this “sticky cursor” thing when in an addon window or browsing options.

This happens regardless of how the cvar rawmouseinput is set. Tried on and off.

Me too, two different corded mice (a logitech, and a razer) and a wireless logitech. All three do the exact same thing.

2 Likes

Experiencing this issue since July 21st.

Spam-clicking something targetable is effective at reproducing the issue.

1 Like

Same issue here, right after the transfer aborted issues for OCE…

almost feels like blizz is targeting me :frowning:

same issue with the mouse randomly sticking. Seems to happen when you mouse over things like the mini-game WQ (Shell Game, candy crush)

REALLY annoying. please fix ASAP

1 Like

I have replied to three of these mouse sticking issue bug reports including this one as I am also having this issue. I will leave it here. But this is a pretty big problem (as this is primary way we intereact w/ the video game). Can not imagine how difficult it would be doing anything hectic. Please fix and thank you!

1 Like

Same issue here, Tried 3 Difference mice (Razer Naga, Corsair m65 and a logitech mx518). Disabled ALL addons (only had 3 installed), still sticky. Please help us out Blizzard, seriously…

1 Like

SAME HERE! Same exact thing, I could not even complete that WQ.

2 Likes

Just noticed this issue starting yesterday and got myself killed quite a few times in Nyalotha. No mouse commands have worked. Mouse just stays and ‘flutters’ about.

same issue here, starting today

+1 also having this issue. very frustrating.

Also having this issue. I’ve noticed if I click the mailbox and immediately try and move the mouse it locks in place and wiggles back and forth.

1 Like

Well if anything it’s relieving to know that it’s not a personal issue

This has been happening to me all day today too, I thought I was going crazy omg

1 Like

Same issue. Game unplayable.

I dunno if I’d call it unplayable but definitely annoying as hell lol