Mount Up for the Northrend Cup!

Twas running these races with a friend earlier and one thing that’s missing is if you jump on the dragon of whoever’s racing and fly the circuit with them it doesn’t show you in chat what place they came / tokens won.

Not a huge deal but sorta weird it doesn’t show seeing as you’re grouped together.

The vendor sells dragonriding manuscripts that aren’t mentioned here.

Yeah on lvl 30 EU Argent Dawn and cannot see any of the npc at the race spawn points, Im sure I’ve done the other cups on low level toons before???

:dracthyr_love_animated: Mop Racing When :dracthyr_love_animated:

boring
so 1999s
games which has stupid racing in it = boring
I would play a racing game if I want to
stop pushing these please
time consuming
no fun
zero interactivity
use the bug to win

These were pretty nice, but there were a couple of races with some really annoying rings next to tiny little ropes and beams, like the Geothermal Jaunt rings at the oil rig and the rings in Scalawag Slither with the boat lift ropes (and boats who move and catch and carry you away) and the plank at the ship.

2 Likes

Yeah, I got caught up in the boats far more than I care to admit.

Overall, the Northrend Cup was fun…but I still think the Eastern Kingdoms were my favorite.

Got gold on every race in 2 tries or less except for the two in Borean Tundra, which took significantly more. Whoever designed those is a sadist.

2 Likes

So far I’ve gotten about 1/3rd of them done, and out of those Colderra’s was the worst. I’ve yet to encounter the one with the boat that’s being talked about, though; and, I anticipate that one will also trip me up quite a bit.

Doing these 3 a day to not hate myself cause I hate racing.

Just did Howling Fjord today - is there a reason you guys made one of the races there go right through a place that’s being patrolled by a boat that’s moving in a circle, so if you get unlucky, you get blocked and have to start over?

Finished the Northrend Cup, it was pretty fun.

Who’s the psychopath who came up with Geothermal Jaunt and Coldarra Climb? I must have slammed my head against railings like 30 times.

I found the Crystalsong race to be a visual nightmare–everything was too bright and glittering, made it very hard to see the rings and path. That’s the only regular race I didn’t get gold on easily.

As for advanced and reverse–well, bronze on most, silver on a few, and I had more than enough tokens to buy the transmog. I’ve no real motivation to seek perfection in these races, and that’s fine by me.

Some of these are the longest I’ve seen. 130 seconds.

Crystalsong has a loop around a tree that literally got me lost. Just wish I could change the blue direction pathing to something else…different colors

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

1 Like

Isn’t the Algarian Stormrider not a Dragon flying mount or not…I went to use this mount that I paid good money for early buy of TWW and when I went to do Dragon Races of Northrend it switched me too the Cliffside Wylderdrake instead.

I mean its got the Algarian Stormrider listed with the rest of the Dragon Riding mounts in my mount tab…so tel me what’s up with this now.

Classic Blizzard :person_shrugging: :wink:

Is anyone else having the issue of not being able to see the Bronze Timekeepers? I had this problem starting the day of the event started until Friday, May 3rd. This problem got fixed on Friday evening (May 3rd) and stayed working until Tuesday (May 7th), but then after the patch, the issue happened again. Now I can’t see any of the Bronze Timekeepers in Northrend again. I can’t be the only one with this issue.

Any help would be awesome! Would be really nice if a Blue would respond, too!

Are you having this issue with all characters? Just lower-level characters? Is it only the Timekeepers not showing up, or everything at the race site?

I had a problem on my level 33 mage where nothing showed up at the race sites, but talking to Chromie and switching to Wrath solved it. Now, post-patch, the assistant timekeepers are there but not the ones who can actually start the race. Chromie doesn’t help. Same with other lower-level characters, but working fine on 70s.

I’m only using level 70 characters for this event. I tried Chromie time to go into Wrath, but that didn’t help either.

Edit: Also, I disabled the add-ons, tried dropping in retaking the quests, tried changing resolution, tried zoning as well as logging in and out of the game, and pretty much anything I could think of.