Mount ID Macro

Greetings! As of 11.0 my long time Mount Index macro that lets me mouseover and click a keybind on a mount in my journal to post it’s ID in chat stopped working. I’m now getting LUA errors. I use these IDs for a castrandom macro so each of my characters can have their own unique list of mounts.

Does anyone know of a new one, or how to fix this one:

/run local i,m=GetMouseFocus().index if i then m = {C_MountJournal.GetDisplayedMountInfo(GetMouseFocus().index)} print(m[1],"is mountID",m[12]) end
1 Like

If you get it working, I’d LOVE to get that macro from you. I can’t find anything about getting Mount ID’s for new stuff, like this months Trading Post. Thank you!

1 Like

I’d start by substituting GetMouseFocus() and see if that fixes things GetMouseFoci()[1]

1 Like

The other alternative is to install
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/idtip
It will give you the mount id. if you mouse is over the icon in the list as well as the ids for pretty much everything else with a tooltip

For the macro:

/run local t,i = GetMouseFoci()[1] if t.index then i={C_MountJournal.GetDisplayedMountInfo(t.index)} print(i[1], "is mountID", i[12]) end
1 Like

I had been using idtip as a backup. But the new macro you listed here works. Thanks!

Yup! Look above here, you’ll see the macro that gives you the mount ID when you mouseover a mount in your journal and hit the hotkey for the macro.

Then, use this macro to make a castrandom for a bunch of different types. I currently use one for flying and one for ground. Just replace the numbers with your own:

#showtooltip High Priest's Lightsworn Seeker
/run if IsMounted()then return end local t t={268,1428,305,549,183,478,1430,764,477,861,552,1594,1190,1313,1456,1662,978,187,2116} C_MountJournal.SummonByID(t[random(#t)])
/dismount
1 Like