Mount equipment is the portal room all over again

There is no way they would put something negative in the presentation, so they had wowhead report it after the presentation.

sigh … ugh

Can never just give players something. Always must take something away and screw things up.

EDIT: Thank you btw :slight_smile:

1 Like

thats crap everybody is flying at 60 and no new player has the rep to get the mount in the first place

You know that commercial where the guy’s all “Free? Free free, free free free.” That’s Blizzard, except it’s “Remove? Remove remove, remove! Remove remove.”

1 Like

Because its dumb feedback. Theyre giving us the option to use any mounts as waterwalking mounts and youre complaining lol

1 Like

The only upside I can think of is now I can be locked into using my spider mount as a waterwalker and annoy ALL OF YOU PEOPLE.

Can we also please have it climb walls and walk upside down across ceilings like real spiders do? And carry passengers wrapped in cocoons in its mandibles? And also give us immunity to spider aggro. KTHXBAI.

That’s literally not a solution. That’s your personal preference.

It’s a niche my particular class/spec combo fills. Any tank can go around without needing barding. Any dk or shaman can go around without needed water walking. Seems kind of pointless now that everyone will be able to have one or the other regardless of class. That being said, my class/spec combo will still be the only one that can herb while mounted, not get knocked off the herbing mount, and walk on water all at the same time.

It’s been confirmed in numerous places by those who were invited to their press conference/review:

• The Water Strider will no longer be able to walk on water without the equipment slot.

AND

• The Sky Golem will still be able to harvest herbs, but it will not benefit from mount equipment.
  • Natural abilities like tanks not getting dazed or Death Knights water walking will stack with equipment

That’s why all the angry posts.

You need a 100+ character to get them, however they can be used by level 20+ alts, as the equipment is account bound.

You scream “Facts matter” but you spread misinformation.

I’m sorry I didn’t realize I worked so hard for my Strider. Oh wait. I didn’t. I did like 10 TWing dungeons and got one. So much effort.

Ain’t it the truth!

Some of us actually grinded out the rep back in MoP. It took a long time to get to exalted.

1 Like

A nerf is a nerf. Consumables is a nerf.

4 Likes

I think that people are misunderstanding what the equipment feature is going to do.

To unlock the feature on your ACCOUNT you have to have a toon at level 100 or higher, I’m fairly certain most of us have one, but if not, you just need to level one to 100.

Once you’ve unlocked the feature, it will then be available to any character you have at level 20 or higher, in other words, once we can start riding mounts.

If you have a water strider when the patch goes into effect, you will be given a free water walking equipment. You can if you want immediately apply it to your water strider, thus keeping it as a water walker only. However, if you don’t really care about that, you could apply it to some other mount.(I personally will, because I don’t like the look of the mount, but like the ability)

Once the ability has been applied to a mount, if you change toons, and mount that same mount, they will have the water walking on them because it’s applied account wide.

If at some time, you decide you want to change the equipment, your previous equipment is destroyed to make room for the new.

If you had previous ground out rep with the anglers, you’ll be able to buy from their quartermaster, more of the water walking equipment. So if you want multiple mounts to walk on water, there you go.

Other equipment will be available through professions. (Though they may have other factions that might have something, who knows). They may even add new equipment.

Personally, I’m glad of this. I get tired of using just teh water strider as my ground mount, just for the utility. We may start seeing people riding something else around because of this. I know some people say that people don’t ride them that much, yet today alone just standing in ogrimaar, I saw at least 10 people riding them. Hopefully this will let us be a bit more creative with our characters.

1 Like

You can water walk on any mount now. And get other stuff like daze protection.

Are you dense

No it is a nerf. A consumable is a nerf.

no
they’re
not

Dear God. And I get lectured about nuance in certain other threads whilst this is outrageously popular. Sad irony.

1 Like

This is not how it works. The equipment slot is on your character and all mounts that that character has will have that one piece of equipment. For example, if you want water-walking, all of your mounts will have water walking.

You will then need to purchase that piece of equipment for all of your toons so that their mounts will have the ability you want them to have.

You can hear it for yourself at 58:23 of the stream

Can’t have something from old content that new players would need to go back and grind for. That would be against the new-age philosophy of WoW. Everyone gets everything, older players are no different from a fresh account, your time spent on the game has no credence on what is available to you. This new philosophy is why I don’t consider WoW an MMORPG, it’s just watered down garbage.

4 Likes