Motes aren't trackable/mini map?

I have a mote extractor as an engineer. Went to old content hoping to get some motes and aren’t on the map… flew over the entire zone in loops and what not for an hour! Nada! The mote extractor is in my bag. So why can’t I see motes of air/etc on my mini map anymore? Has it been removed?

Farming old content takes real patience now. Sharding/CRZ means that there are very few instances of old world zones active at any time - which means that if you go to eg Outland Nagrand you are quite possibly there with nothing but other people who have gone back for the same reason as you.

People have been reporting that formerly already kind of hard to find things like Cobalt nodes in Northrend are now very rare indeed. The same is probably true of mote clouds.

The only way to be sure the tracking isn’t working is if you see one in front of you in the game but it doesn’t show up on the mini map. I mentioned Outland Nagrand because there have always been a couple there that are out of the way enough that people skip them, like one that spwans way up on one of the floating rocks in the sky.

I can verify that I was able to see Windy Clouds on my map with my Zapthrottle Mote Extractor in my bag yesterday in Outland Nagram.

Are you flying in a zone that has motes? That is, outland Nagrand (not Draenor Nagrand).

I remember (back when outland was the max zone). Flying over Nagrand. I mostly found clouds up on the little islands that float up in the air.

I also remember it was hard to find any.