Most servers will have war effort complete in the first week

This is because the mats have been known before classic even started. This completely undermines the intent of the war effort.

Seeing as Blizzard has already made changes, I suggest that they change the required materials at the last second. This would be a change that would result in a much closer emulation of the vanilla experience.

Do we really want one of the largest events in the history of the game to be over before it even begins?

Change the war effort mats!

1 Like

Add 100,000 grilled squid for both factions. Make everyone wait until September when the squids return!

3 Likes

I wish they had changed the requirements but it is what it is. Most people just want to raid AQ asap and don’t care about the gate opening Vanilla experience.

I can’t imagine this would be difficult for blizzard to change.

Hey man, I thought Pokemon Blue was pretty hard back in 98, but since then I just can’t find a challenge when I replay it.

1 Like

I’ve said the same thing. Just change the required mats. Maybe then some people would feel the sun on their skin again :rofl::joy:

I thought it took to resets minimum?

why do we have that post every 2 days?

blizzard already said that they wont change the mats or the quantity

just get over it

1 Like

The scepter quest takes 1 reset. But the war effort can be completed the first day.

No changes

Is it bad that now I want this just to see the forum drama it would create?

1 Like

Why should they care about the gate opening experience?

1 Like

Why yes, we will have prepared for an event that we knew was coming and that exactly mirrors 15 years ago. Except we’ll have to wade through the salty tears of all the guys who still think they could have been scarab lord if they just had the time back in the day.

These posts kinda remind me of the ones that don’t want us to take anything from classic into TBC.

People have spent time, energy, and effort to achieve a goal with an understanding of what is likely to happen, based on how it went the first time so let’s just go a completely different route with no advanced warning .

Because screw those people, they don’t matter, right? Everyone should not plan for the future/prepare for what is likely, and punishing anyone who does just makes sense, right?

That’ll get people to invest energy in this game for sure; by making clear that at any time, the company could randomly decide to change how things work solely to spite you.

As a release player, I found the gathering mats etc to open the gate to be a memorable and fun experience.

However, I try very hard in my posts to not tell people how to feel or think as everyone is individual in what they want out of this game and why they play it. If people only care about the raiding and not about the stuff that comes before it then I’m not judging them.

My point was it would have been more Vanilla like to open the gates without knowing what was required. I then acknowledged that most/some people do not care about this part.

1 Like

There is a saying that I think holds true right now, “You can’t go home again” If people that played this game 15 years ago and came back to play it again were hoping to recapture that wonder of OMG this is brand new and exciting. I think they were setting themselves up for a great disappointment.

I don’t think they need to change anything. I think people hoping to recapture the awe and wonder of a new experience just need to understand as the saying goes, “You can’t go home again.” no matter how much you wish you could.

I actually agree that it would be nice if Blizzard were developing the game for player experience like they did in Vanilla. But that isn’t what’s happening, and the #nochanges crowd do not want it, either.

Well, it’s not going to change, we all know that.

Yes, it would suck for those people who have already done all the prep. It isn’t changing so it doesn’t matter. I’ll turn in some of my own pre-collected stuff the second it drops and get the city rep on the chars I want it with and that will be that.

And as much as people always say that this game is nothing like it was I find it funny because in many ways it’s exactly like I remember it, and it ABSOLUTELY takes me back 15 years. Maybe not the gate opening but so much of the rest.

2 Likes

I don’t know why people are so hell-bent on stalling new raid content. The “war effort” is not the exciting part about the AQ patch. The “war effort” are a handful of NPCs with blue ?s over their heads that are a simple time-gate.

All the super hard-core guilds on servers are doing people a favor by unlocking content for everyone faster.

That event ended 15 years ago; we’re playing a reenactment of that event. Find something worth complaining about instead of delaying the next raid tier by x amount of extra weeks for arbitrary reasons.