Most populated server for a new Horde player?

Hello there!

I’m starting WoW: Wrath of the Lich King Classic. I’m a new WoW player, although I’ve dabbled in the free trials before. I’ve always wanted to play Classic WoW, but never had a chance to back in the day! I’m excited.

My question was: as a Horde player, what is the most populated server for me to play on? I think the largest criteria that will determine my level of enjoyment of the game is whether or not the world is alive and filled with people, or dead (and I’m the only one running around). I want to play with others.

Should I go with Maladath - the “Fresh Start” server?

Thank you everyone.

Maladath is a Normal fresh start server, and as far as I know does not have the population size that Skyfury (PVP fresh start server) has.

Have a look at https://ironforge.pro/population/classic/?locale=US to get an idea of population based on raid logs.

If you’d like a single-faction PVP Horde server, then Faerlina and Whitemane are those. If, like some of us, you’d be embarrassed to be on a single-faction PVP server, then Sulfuras, Eranikus, Skyfury, and the RP-PVP server Grobbulus are all good choices, imo.

For Normal servers, Mankrik is the Horde server, afaik.

Anyway, most of these servers are locked, so if you’re just getting started, it’s probably best to create a new character on Angerforge then take a free transfer to Skyfury.

Best of luck out there!

Oh, okay. That’s right, I’m trying to not be on a single-sided server. I want it to be more balanced, because when I want to do PvP, I want it to be balanced. I’ll take a look at that website.
By the way, why are some servers locked? And what do you mean by “free transfer”? When will I be able to transfer?

I think because at some point Blizzard decided that the people complaining about queues were annoying enough that it was the lesser of two evils, but I’m not sure to be honest.

Probably whenever you make a character. No idea how long this will be the case though.