Most of the complaints here are about PvP servers

I’ve spoken my piece. I hope everyone realises that Blizzard should be beholden to its playerbase – not the other way around.

Have to agree with this sentiment and add that comparing voluntarily playing a video game to slavery is laughable. PvE servers are a solid choice for people who dislike getting ganked/camped on PvP servers and/or who won’t roll alts to play while they’re waiting out a ganking/camping squad on their mains.

2 Likes

Murder happens, Don’t go outside or it’s your fault ~ Velara.

LOL. That’s a ridiculous analogy.

Don’t roll on a PvP server if you don’t want to be killed, ganked and/or all of the above PLUS camped in the overworld.

1 Like

Lol @ this person spending an entire day complaining about complaining… From a PVE server. While hiding their Classic toon. A+ content for sure.

LOL@ your assumptions :smiley:

Keep up the good fight. You showed them!

Yeah! So did you!

Carry on complaining from PVE :slight_smile:

Carry on complaining about my complaining!

I’m mostly here to watch. I just wanted to drop in and offer my 0.02 on your honorable and noble pursuit of the truth. I know this is your fight, your purpose.

Your support is noted. You needn’t stay… there are plenty of other threads about PvP!

Oh I’ll be here. Come on, give me a few paragraphs about how you know all about this experience that you are not taking part in.

Call my bluff, shill. Post from your Classic toon.

I don’t have to be taking part in PvP in Classic to know how hellish an unbalanced PvP server is. Been there, done that!

This is why I don’t roll on PvP servers anymore! It’s not fun.

I LOVE PvP but on my terms.

And I’m posting on the toon I always post on. Deal with it.

1 Like

Not quite. Our high/full servers have at least double, probably triple or more the players from real classic servers. All crammed into the same exact amount of space.

Now add in larger faction imbalances than there were back in real vanilla days.

So if in vanilla if a zone had 5 people wandering around the zone ganking, you could still level and get ganked while fighting a mob twice an hour on average. They might camp you a bit, but then would leave when you were worth 0 honor, maybe.

Now the same zones have 15 people doing the same given the same proportions of players and the fact we have 3x the players on a server. Which alone means instead of getting ganked/camped twice an hour, it’s going to be 6 times an hour now.

BUT, due to larger faction imbalances, it’s more like 20 or 25 people wandering around that zone looking to gank you in that same zone which in vanilla used to have 5 gankers. So now you’re up for 8 to 10 gankfests and corpse campings an hour.

Now you take into account that a bunch of alliance won’t leave cities or don’t log in anymore due to this imbalance. And suddenly the number of victims for those 20 to 25 gankers just decreased, so all 25 of them are going to try to kill you a full 4+ times to farm you for the maximum amount of honor because there’s nobody else to kill.

And other horde knowing you’re going to get sick of it and GY rez will hide in the GY stealthed and gank you when you rez so you can’t even hearth and leave the zone.

Then you end up with said players not logging in and cancelling their subscriptions. Which is why blizzard suddenly announced early battlegrounds within less than 1 week of P2 going live.

Because they know they’ll not only lose millions from the alliance cancelling subscriptions. But within a month these PVP servers would be nothing but PVE servers with nothing but horde left. Then the horde will all cancel their subscriptions too as there’s nobody to grief and camp for hours. Then classic dies and blizzard loses millions per month.

The bean counters at blizzard don’t want to lose millions per month. In the end they’re either going to have to implement faction based queuing for logging in, so there can’t be significantly more horde playing than alliance, or they’ll just kill off classic on every imbalanced pvp server.

Right on. Well, great! It’s more than ‘hur dur PVP.’ We’re basically looking at the outcome of a failed launch for a decent chunk of the player base. I’m glad you are happy on PVE. I would be sad if you were sad on PVP. But honestly you don’t have a dog in this fight. Yes, you made a good decision playing PVE. Hindsight is 20/20.

You must realize the ones who are affected the most are the ones who DIDN’T take the transfer even when the balance was god-awful, or the ones who had the jimmies to transfer to a server where they are in a severe minority, from a server where they were in a majority.

So true. Managed to get 20-30 HKs today in between getting aggressively camped today by 6 rogues. All without having to leave Ironforge. People don’t realize the feedback loop that is created when an immensely dominant faction is starved for kills. The open world comes to a total halt for the minority.

It doesn’t help that Blizz does nothing about people bugging out guards.

I dropped my sub today, and that is something that I never thought I would do, even after everyone I started with quit. Even after the awesome bloodbath that was leveling. But, when I log in now, I am not playing a video game. Not worth 15 cents a month imo.

The re-roll is not in anyone’s best interest. See Paid Transfers to PvE Servers Should be Allowed - #50 by Ilarra-turalyon

Transfers from PvP to PvE were always allowed. It’s the other way around that wasn’t. I don’t see why a reroll is not in anyone’s interest. If you’re not enjoying yourself, you should reroll!