Most Minimalist Race /Class/Professions

Hey all, Have I got this right? Human (for Rep Bonus) BM Hunter (for Easiest play style) and for least time invested (Disenchant/Skining or Alchemy for xmute) Casual play want to make the most of the time I have. Am I heading in the correct direction? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Ummmm …

You’re not WRONG, on any of those points, but I really can’t get a sense of what you’re trying to do. Except to say that if you’re doing professions for gold, it’s more time-economical to buy Tokens instead.

Personally, I wouldn’t choose Class and Race based on a 10% rep bonus, or the easiest spec for questing - and I underline “for questing”, because while BM is among the best questing classes, there are things to do in the game other than questing, and about half of all players spend more time in instances than questing - at least at max level.

But you know all this, because you’ve been playing for years, you have the Quintet achievement, and you know how things work.

So, again, I don’t quite undetstand what you’re aiming for.

Currently, im playing a druid ,but yes I have tried every class. I’m going to start working a lot more hours and want to get the most done in the least amount of time invested and I want to check if my thought process is correct. …tokens make sense with more time at work of course. I spend almost no time in instances unless there’s a quest pushing me in there I do raid finder at most lately if that is helpful. I’m not in a guild and play VERY casually mostly open-world stuff.

If it’s about maximizing limited time with a focus on world content, I don’t think you necessarily need the most minimalist options. You want a class that is fun (for you) to play out in the open world. It would probably also be nice to have something that can hold their own solo.

While I do sink a lot of time into WoW, I play very casually. (I’ve done one wing of LFR throughout all of Dragonflight and it was just to get access to the fish druid form.) I play feral, which is not a casual friendly spec in organized group content, but I’m not doing that and it serves me just fine out in the world. (And I know I have guardian if I need it.) If you like running old instances to collect stuff, it’s hard to beat druids. They move fast and have a spammable AoE that you don’t have to target.

My point isn’t that druid is necessarily the answer, just that I’d think beyond easiest rotation when it comes to maximizing your play time. If you enjoy a class but want to keep it simple, just skip the the talents that add buttons to your bar. If you’re not moving beyond LFR, no one will care. (And anyone who does can very safely be ignored.)

For professions, the most minimallist option is to just ignore them entirely. (And feel free to do just that!) Although I’d consider engineering (and maybe pair it with mining if you enjoy gathering, but the AH is there if you don’t.) A lot of the neat useful stuff from engineering is from older expansions, so you can get many benefits from it without dealing with the complicated (and grindy) current profession stuff. Wormholes, loot-a-rang, jeeves — all are great conveniences when you have less time to play.

2 Likes

Thank you this is the kinda thing I was looking for!!! Yeah the druid is fun but camping all the different forms was ugh, still don’t have that bear form from Morag drop rate must be abysmal. I considered monk and hunter and demon hunter because I like to move around quick Evoker with soar now was fun, but I just don’t like the class overall. I know I like BM because I have played it, same with Havoc. (monk not a lot of experience but some) I think I’m leaning toward the hunter because I like ranged playstyle. ill def check out engineering I do remember it having a lot of quality of life stuff… thanks for the advice :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re 100% on the mark with BM Hunter.

However, consider the difficulty level you want to play at even considering your time. On my Paladin, being able to play Holy allows me to get into groups immensely faster…the queue boss may be your greatest time waster, not spec difficulty.

I was able to sneak in a heroic Fyrakk kill on my Holy Paladin in <5 days gearing this season, because they were desperate for healers / dispel bots.

1 Like

I did consider it, but I think you have to be a special person to tank or heal. I like to see the fight and when healing you heavily focusing on the don’t let the bars die game, which is why I think most people don’t like healing, and why we have a shortage of healers right now. Tanking on the other hand requires a lot of research time on boss fight mechanics, and it can be fun but there’s a really heavy expectation behind them and I’m trying to spend less time if possible. I can def see how if you wanted to gear quick and run instances healing is a great way to go just based on demand though!

2 Likes

Fair enough if not for you.

An advantage of Hunter here again is that they at least can bring lust - so groups will pick you over others for this reason. But for M+, as a time saver I recommend just getting good at running your own groups / keys

And be VERY picky about groups you join and people you invite. Time is money after all!

For professions, I’d consider Engineering. The amount of time I’ve saved with wormholes in every xpac is immeasurable.

1 Like

Thanks so much for all the great feedback everyone!!! I think I have what I need now its time to start working on it :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes