Most hilariously bad class/spec when undergeared?

So i’ve gotten to the point in the season where i’ve gotten a couple classes fully geared and while i hopelessly try to find 3s partners for a glad push ive just been gearing alts bc apparently i enjoy torture.

So right now i’m gearing a war up and it’s pretty terrible without gear but i’m wondering what everyone else’s opinions of the class that’s the most humorous when it jumps you and you realize they are undergeared. What class/spec seems to tickle the most.

My answer has to be Sub Rogue. Nothing is funnier than getting sapped and being like ok i’m dead 100-0 in a kidney just to be shocked when the kidney ends and you’re still 80% hp and you hear the ever familiar sound of the slowly DR’ing cheap shots that are coming in hot and they finally end and you’re still 60% hp and turn around and he either runs away or gets deleted.

Not gonna lie my war damage rn at 222 pvp ilvl is pretty funny too outside of execute i feel like i do 0 dmg.

what’s everyone else think as far as which class struggles most without gear?

in defense of rogue tho they can still be pretty disruptive even with no damage if they know how to use their cc and reset

2 Likes

That’s tough, cause it’s honestly all of them lol. Sometimes I see a chaos bolt or double tap aimed shot coming in and I start healing myself only to see my health drop 10%, so I chuckle.

I think healers struggle the most without gear. It’s gotta be a rough life out there as an under geared healer. Your team will hate you and the other team will pick on you

6 Likes

Truth. A friend of mine returned after a long hiatus after WoD and they leveled a boomkin after hearing how strong they were in BGs. He was shocked to find that he was getting steamrolled in bgs at max level. Even the OP classes are hot garbage if they don’t have the gear to back it up.

Affliction warlock is pretty helpless undergeared. You basically tickle enemies and their HP doesn’t move.

12 Likes

Arms warriors are absolutely useless without gear

I found resto Druid healing/defensives to be fairly subpar before I had some gear compared to Priest/Hpal.

Warrior has been and probably always will be the most gear dependent class in the game. An undergeared warrior brings nothing to the table.

every class under 226 ilvl

2 Likes

Any class WIHTOUT an ‘immunity’ defensive like bubble, turtle, fade/disperse, block etc.

Ret paladins are hilarious. In a ret v ret duel the winner is the one who traded their CDs most efficiently. It’s hilarious to fight someone anticipating their burst only to realize they already opened and barely hit you for 20k.

Warriors are also fairly negligible, just a bit annoying.

Aff lock and shadow priest are probably the worst. Shadow priest legit cannot harm absolutely anything when too undergeared.

1 Like

I gave up on mine. Although I have seen ilvl 240+ ones destroy average players, but any class can do that when their ilvl is high enough…

I was doing really good on my priest. Warrior wasn’t to bad with low gear. DK frost wasn’t bad UH was harder. Better gear now I prefer UH. Boomkin was easy. Even with feral weapon I did insane damage.

Worst one for me was enhance. Just flop over so fast. The damage might be decent if you don’t get targeted or cleaved but you will die pretty fast.

id like to add any class with a tank spec and the player has garbage gear so they play it in bgs. you have 45k as a tank? get out of my bgs.

Not really if we talk damage. Yea def useless but the utility both bring still makes them more useful undergeared than others. An undergeared ret. Warrior. Dk. Etc all much more useless

I’m just still pissed at getting killed by pets at 210 ilvl, I sort of misread (didn’t read : D) OP and somehow asumed it was mostly about dmg.

There is always something to do as spriest which is a lot of fun.

Ye e. Locks and spriests have so much besides damage they can do. Dk I think Is the absolute worse

affliction warlock by far.

2 Likes

Demon hunter prob

I’d say Aff lock as well. The don’t hit you so much as give you an annoying rash.

Toss in some iffy mobility and you have a free kill on your team - hopefully you got a fel-mint cookie out of it.

3 Likes