Most fun/efficient gold farming class in WOTLK

What title says.

Which class would you pick to farm gold in WOTLK and why? (Considering the dungeons nerf and all)

And what method would you use. (Professions, farming, etc)

Blood DK is just brain off pull everything spread diseases and spam Death Strike until done

I’m no gold farming expert though so I couldn’t say what is the most efficient

I’m not sure about efficient.

But, I’m going to make a hunter my farming class. Hunters are uniquely set up with their own personal tank. Also, if you choose certain pet talents, your pet will get 40% increased healing + a glyph that increases the healing of mend pet as well! Then if you can manage to get the two piece set of tier five (I think it’s five), that’s even more healing.

Just a few days ago, I saw a level 39 hunter who soloed their way through SM Cath.

I’m really curious to see how far someone can push hunter soloing. So yeah, if you’re looking for something fun. I’d argue a hunter will let you really push solo fun/farming to the max.

yea hunter sounds like a lot of fun, the only thing that bugs me is one or two targets at a time :confused:

Dk paladin are solid if you wanna solo old dungeons. Cloth always sells when people wanna boost their first aid.

Unless frost mage got nerfed just round things up and press blizzard too.

Fishing.

Nuf sed

Druid/Paladin.

Druid = Flight form.
Paladin = Crusader Aura.

Mining+herbalism, with focus on herbalism.

Flasks and pots, and herbs especially due to darkmoon trinkets being op first patch, will be in high demand.
Greatness works from start to ToC.

do you think soloing old dungeon is still efficient even with the nerf?

DK, never has to stop;

What was nerfed? I might have missed that.

1 Like

ive heard that you get stunlock (even through bubble) if the fight last more than 1 minute

Ew. Never mind if thats the case. Why in the world is that even a thing?

They dont last that long.

This is applied inconsistently.
This is correct in ZF but I can wait till I pull the whole dungeon of Stocks and the only stun is the normal mob stun on the one side.

Nothing should last more then a minute as long as you’re not spending a lot of time rounding up.

With every server being a mega server that’s probably the least efficient gold making strategy. Instanced farming and boosts will be the $ makers. Powerleveling people from like 73-80 or whatever the xp reduction cutoff is

You can still farm stuff like BF at level 70 as ret and make 300g/hr pulling packs of 4/5 at a time. Once you get a rhythm each clear is like 70-80g just vendoring everything.

1 Like

That nerf was pretty massive imo. You can’t one-pull any more or you will die, regardless of gear. it forces you to pull many multiple times which slows runs down by a massive scale

As for raw gold farming, I guess a GDKP raider alt would be best, to collect all the RMT swipers’ burger king money. A healer is a safe bet.

If you prefer open-world, I would pick druid for mat gathering (also is a good 1v1 class if you get ganked)

For old dungeons I guess anything with enchanting so you can D/E stuff, but really dust from greens are the money maker, not shards from boss-drop blues

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.