More World of Warcraft Experiences to Come

Oi, Shadowlands isn’t WoD.

WoD was bad because it had no content.

Shadowlands had plenty of content, people just hated half of it and the systems surrounding it.

And the absolute grind of the content. So many things just took more time than necessary. The stupid airport of Oribos and the multi-layered WQs just to name 2.

3 Likes

It’s the WoW forums. They will find something to whine about.

Whatever it is, It needs to give Mythic Raiding + Ilvl legendaries in the mail.

Aka they will re release OG scaling mage tower w/ the rewards.

Which should have never been removed anyway.

1 Like

Soon, sooner, or soonish?

My money is on a Golf game.

probably with pvp

If not golf then it will be baseball.

1 Like

I would love to know how much dev time went into plunder storm and compare it to a new zone creation time, or a new dungeon. I get that it doesn’t always translate but content like this outside of the game is fine and fun for some I get it but I wonder if this is the best use of it. Experiment in the game, not on side games that are completely different.

2 Likes

The theory I heard about plunderstorm is that it arose out of the team at Proletariat learning the wow engine by porting one of their existing projects into WoW.

Everytime I think I’m going to hate a golf game, I don’t for some reason. Boring in real life but kind of fun on the computer. Don’t know why. :woman_shrugging:

Oh, they will. They will blame the players. Log onto their alts on the forum and try to subvert the complaints and attack the critics. They will lie in it for sure. And lie and lie and lie and lie some more.

PGA Tour 2k21 is pretty fun. Humbling game irl but relaxing for a video game.

1 Like

I just want the Sylvanas mog please! I know people are excited for it since it was datamined back in September. I know my fellow loyalists would agree :slight_smile:

No idea, however, it wasn’t just a single team it was a group effort.

I know I’m not just speaking for me when I say I don’t want Plunderstorm to be evergreen. I want it over and done to never look at it again. I want it to die in a fire so I can stomp on its ashes then throw them into a volcano to watch it burn a second time.

Even if it were not PvP, I am here to play the WoW the MMO. Not a cheesy side carnival game with (as someone pointed out above) throwaway characters.

Exactly this. I want to play my character I have been playing since 2004. The one I have been practicing to play. No, I don’t want a lookalike of my character in some other game only similar to WoW in it’s background setting and nothing at all else.

:arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up:

There is a difference between being “popular” and people hating it but slogging through it anyhow because of the rewards. I’ve wanted GOOD, REAL pirate mogs in WoW for a VERY LONG TIME. So despite that I utterly detest Plunderstorm, I am slogging though to 40 renoun, at which point, I will never look at it again. Except possibly to be irritated I have to even see the damn sign for it blinking on my launcher for another four weeks.

On the plus side, they quietly put out that survey hidden and only findable if you scroll way down on the launcher, so I was able to give Plunderstorm the negative feedback it deserves. Sadly, I’m sure all they’ll look at is that I goofed with it and assume that must mean I liked it, when the truth could not be more opposite. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

To be perfectly clear, as much as I hate PvP… It is NOT the PvP which is the only reason Plunderstorm irritates me. It irritates me MOST by being a completely separate game from WoW which I have to play if I want rewards for WoW. Meanwhile, WoW, which is the game I WANT TO BE PLAYING and which has the character(s) I want to be playing, is sitting there patchless and dead. :angry:

No, it does NOT sound great in the slightest. “Experimental content” is something you test on the side and rake in some feedback… it is NOT something you make the main content update for your current actual game because you wasted the resources of your actual game on this instead of making REAL content. :angry:

On this, I can 100% agree with you.

I also found they seemed to keep dodging the questions I wanted to answer. I made ample use of the “do you have other comments box”, which is unfortunately the least likely thing to be read fully.

They should test it themselves and not rely on the players to test everything.

Yup. I eyerolled this one so hard, I almost had to retrieve my eyes from under my desk. There are lots of charities out there. Those of us who think “content creators” are a parasite on a game and obnoxious to encounter in game/when playing were very disappointed by this move.

As someone who does not post on my alts, these arguments are exactly why I want some form of SINGLE login per account. Obviously, that doesn’t solve people who have more than one account, but it would clear up a lot of the mess.

For this, yes I’ve posted a couple times on alts. “Rate my mog” is hard when the correct character isn’t there to show the mog. Other than those rare exceptions, this is my forum posting character.

I know someone did provide compelling evidence a few years ago by comparing exact dates on achievements, etc. It is not “just five people”, but I have no doubt there are people who post back and forth between their alts on the forums to stir up issues and to agree with themselves, as well as like their own posts. (Yes, you can do that – or at least you used to be able. Someone told me it was possible… I didn’t believe them, so I tried it and I was able to like one of Turan’s posts on one of my alts. That should not be allowed.)

Except it isn’t. It just happens to have its login button on the WoW character screen. They could put up a button on the WoW character screen to a livestream of a fish tank an that would not made the fish tank part of the game.

Esports have seriously injured the game. I am convinced it is beyond being able to heal. :frowning:

Unnecessary. There’s no real reason to care about this and also there are legitimate reasons over-ilevel characters might want to run a dungeon. (I adored Stratholme in vanilla and used to still group to go there even when in full gear from BWL. I just liked the dungeon. :woman_shrugging: )

They did this already once. It did nothing but make TWs take obnoxiously longer and almost everyone stopped running them. It was taking groups forever to form, so they reverted it.

I don’t think they need to drop MORE loot, they need to drop the loot evenly. When a boss has three things on its loot table, you shouldn’t see 1,290,725,745,623,498 capes before you see ONE of either of the other things.

LFR should have NEVER been anything other than personal loot. I don’t run LFR but I feel sorry for those who do because of the lack of personal loot.

I would say stop with the wild swings in the classes mid-expansion. It’s very annoying. Take time between the expansions to get it as right as you can, then just LEAVE IT for the most part. If a couple SMALL things need to be changed, that’s different from all this “omg things are so broken we need to completely overhaul your class tree and refund all your points, so have fun figuring out how to spec next time you log in”. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This is an important thing to remember and because of this, many PvPers I know tried Plunderstorm and they didn’t like it either. Especially the RNG of the abilities.

The sad thing is, especially from how some of the survey questions were phrased, I am convinced the whole “everyone starts at level one!” and “everyone starts with no abilities!” and such was supposed to make it better(?)… less annoying(?)… more equitable(?)… for people who hate PvP. As if the idea was “here, we’ll get your feet wet so maybe you’ll try PvP in retail/classic!” Except players who dislike PvP don’t dislike it because they’re “scared” of it. They don’t like it because of the environment and the attitudes of the other players and because of the play style itself.

This is true. However, Blizzard wastes SO MUCH TIME trying to force PvEers to PvP, again and again and again and AGAIN, as if we’re going to suddenly realize we love it… Just stop already. We know where to go to get PvP time if we want it, we just DO NOT WANT IT.

I unable to NOT laugh at this hilarity, which is… I guess… completely true now. :joy:

2 Likes

Plunderstorm is making me so nervous and irritated that I’m giving it up for the sake of my sanity…

IMO this statement doesn’t necessarily mean that. They “hoped” that everyone would like Blunderstorm, the next “surprise” still could be more PvP or it could be pet battles. I sincerely hope it means an in-game PvE event, but I’m not holding my breath. Or if it’s neither “in-game” nor PvE then I hope the rewards are as “meh” as Blunderstorm so I won’t feel like I’m missing anything when I don’t participate. :speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Sure, your opinion is just as valid as mine, but I feel like that is such a waste of the dev time they already spent on it.

Its a fun game type for those who like it. That its timed is the main issue, as well as locking popular mogs behind it and popular mounts. But if it wasn’t timed anyone could work on it in any timeline they’d like to and it would be much less of a drag. (For most folk anyways) That its not designed to exist beyond this timed span is the dumbest thing when players have been begging for things that aren’t timed and respect their time, as well as their effort.

It could have been better.

Again though that doesn’t invalidate your opinion on the matter. If you hate it you hate it and thats fine.

Best golf game: Dark Cloud 2.

2 Likes

Since I have no interest at all in PVP, I never even looked at the Plunderstorm log-in screen, let alone tried it. I like that they tried a new experiment, though I was perturbed that it was a separate mini game and not a part of WoW, even though as a PVP event it would go unplayed.

I’m all for WoW Devs to experiment, I would love to see some new creativity, provided it’s in-game, fully tested before it goes live, bug free, and properly advertised before implementation.

Wishful thinking? Perhaps. But one can hope.