More World of Warcraft Experiences to Come

Recolors are fine

You can’t copy cat a character you like for Plunderstorm?

How is that any different vs another alt you just created?

biggest crime was catering to fomo by saying “no we wont return artifact rewards from mage tower” and now we have “no you get a recolor armor set and not the original/artifact skin” their statement caused the biggest rift in the playerbase, forums.

5 Likes

cuz pvp sux

1 Like

You keep making the argument against your own position in every post.

You are exactly right, I will not have the same attachment to an alt I just created (or a throwaway PS character) as I do to a character I’ve played for a decade or two. Thank you for proving the point.

3 Likes

If they’re going to add addition events to the game I would hope they fix the problems with sharding. I’d certainly hate for any new events get ruined for everyone when they find themselves on a different shard than the one they were contributing to.

Have you been forced from a shard while remaining active? - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

It’s to placate the non-Player versus Player players, which does have a large overlap with collectors.

FOMO is a good thing. It keeps you engaged and makes you feel rewarded when you play. The problem isn’t fomo, the problem is abandoning fomo. There’s not enough time limited cool stuff in modern WoW that make you feel like it’s worth playing for rewards. Fun is good, yes, but you have more fun when the fun has a dopamine multiplier.

The fact that as an M+ player I can just stop playing WoW and feel that I haven’t missed much is beyond awful.

Experiments are good. But let us give feedback before dumping an untested, unfinished feature on our heads.

9 Likes

PVE yar say huh? Yargh!

1 Like

It’s probably going to be more time-limited content. I think Blizzard is going to be going all-in on LTMs (limited-time modes) like many other live service games are doing. They probably didn’t add a new feature for time-limited modes only to do it once ever for Plunderstorm.

2 Likes

Season of discovery did it just fine

We were told the general idea and could brainstorm the things devs would play with before SoD went live.

Oh yeah, gotta keep players hooked and playing year round 24/7. That’s a sign of a good company. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Wish there was a pinnochio emoji I could give Blizzard posts.

7 Likes

I would like to pose this question to Holly Longdale:

Regarding this:

Everything Ion said was a lie. (Just look at Fyrrak, or Tindral, or Neltharion, or Sark, etc. etc. etc.).

So given that Blizzard lied to us - AGAIN (remember flying in WoD?) - why the hell should we believe anything you say?

Thanks

10 Likes

… Please no more FOMO… people who like FOMO are really damaged by societys pull on materialism and stress…

10 Likes

They can riot, but you will quickly realize there are not enough PVP players to support that riot. The rioters will probably end up shouting “There are dozens of us” and promptly run off to cut off some jeans.

6 Likes

Let’s move forward with more fun less frustrating pve events. I say this as someone who slogged through PS.

3 Likes

ahh yes, so excited “to see some of the community content creators going head-to-head [for a $50k pot]”. Want some real shock value and participation? - Should have instead opened it up to the best of the community that passionately jumped into your new game mode. :upside_down_face: