More than 50

I just recently decided to get the Shadowlands expansion and I wanted to make an Allied race DK. Imagine my surprise, I went to count my characters and I had more than 50 listed!

I went through each realm I knew, and then checked the realms that seemed strange, as I had not rolled anything there. I found no characters actually listed on several of those and going back and forth from the realm list to the creation screen, I eliminated several. But there is still one left that has a character on it I do not remember rolling. I hesitate to delete this character, even though it is the only one there on Ravenholdt. Just in case it is someone’s character that somehow got thrown into my account.

I have no idea what to do with it. There is 400 gold on this character and I hate to just delete it and waste that.

You could see if there’s any battle pets on the AH you want for 400 gold since once you learn them they stay with the account. Otherwise I’d just give it to someone and delete the toon, because in the grand scheme of things 400 gold isn’t really a lot, and it’s not worth paying a transfer just to keep that gold.

Edit; also it’s highly unlikely that someone else’s toon Ended up on your account, it’s not something I’d worry about.

2 Likes

I won’t say that such a thing would be impossible, Ianrobertson, but it is not something I have ever seen happen and my understanding of how the data works indicates it would be extremely unlikely.

I don’t have any information around the creation of the character so I can’t confirm it was created when logged into your IP, but it hasn’t been accessed in around 7 years.

The realms with characters include, Azuresong, Blaumeux, Bloodsail Buccaneers, Cenarion Circle, Earthen Ring, Emerald Dream, Farstriders, Grobbulus, Moon Guard, Old Blanchy, Ravenholdt, Sentinels, Silver Hand, Sisters of Elune, Steamwheedle Cartel, Wyrmrest Accord.

I really do not play Classic anymore, so I will just leave those alone. I am still confused about the one on Ravenholdt. I do not remember rolling it at all. But if you say its been 7 years, why hasn’t it appeared on my realm list all this time? Only saw it today!

However, I will do as suggested and see if I can buy a battlepet. Thanks for the help guys

The display that shows how many character you have on a realm is not a system that scans all realms to make that determination. It is updated based on logging into the realm itself. Several years ago we did some updates to the system that basically wiped that list. If you hadn’t logged into that realm since, which seems like if it was last played 6-7 years ago, then it wouldn’t normally show up.

Since Ravenholdt was one of the realms that was being connected today, my guess is when that happened it updated the character count list.

2 Likes

Ravenholdt character bought a bunch of pets I did not have! Now deleted. Thanks guys.

6 Likes