More ram made a great difference for me

In addition to running WoW, I usually have 8 to 12 tabs open in my browser, along with something on youtube or spotify playing in the background.

I recently added another 16GB of ram to give me 32 total, and its made a great difference! I now only average using 43 to 50% of my memory, compared to using 80 to 85% (sometimes more) before. Things are much smoother now.

1 Like

nice

/10chars

1 Like

That’s awesome :smiley:.

I made the move to 64GB with my last build after years of using 32, due to me being a gamer, heavy multitasker, a newbie hobbyist 3D character creator, running VMs, and the such. It was when I noticed Windows constantly tapping into the swap/paging file that I knew I had to add more. I use about 40-50 on avg.

Some people would rather go around and just tell people to stick with 16 rather than explain RAM usage, how to tell whether they need more, and let that person make the informed decision. I always get looked at funny when I mention I have 64, with people assuming I’m either a content creator or just wasting my money as if there isn’t any gray area of doing other things on a PC :roll_eyes:.

1 Like