More Old Instance ID's/ World Drop Bug

As you can tell by the title this is very very broad subject. However, Blizzard has done a great job when it came to old instance ID’s and old items being coded back into the game since 10.1.5/10.1.7. First I would like to expand and on some requests and some fixes I’d like to see for the foreseeable future.

More Old Instance ID’s/Zones:

Now, with the return of “Secrets of Naxxramas”, “Secrets of Zul’gurub”, and “Scholomance of Old”. we got a taste of flavorful items that have been sought after for a while after their removal since Cataclysm and Wrath of the Lich King. I personally would love to see more of that through more instances. I’d also like to hit on the subject of Zidormi-time being a huge beneficial factor when it comes to old items that are no longer obtainable. I’d love to see more pre-cata zones implemented such as: Silverpine Forest, Stranglethorn Vale, The Barrens, Ashenvale, Felwood, Azshara, and so forth that were affected by Wrath and Cata.

For Instances we are missing quite a few I’d love to see return to gather collectables and just to run them for chances at the old removed BoE’s (Bind on Equip) instance related items. We saw with The Scarlet Key that opened all 4 wings of “Old” Scarlet Monastery being fully accessible which was a treat to the community. The instances I’d like to see return would be: Upper Blackrock Spire of Old, Sunken Temple (being fully accessible), and other affected dungeons.

World Drop Bug:

For a while now if you’re a regular old content farmer like myself at times, you find locations you’d like to go to for certain exclusive drops from certain zones and you may question yourself on why the drops are so limited and you could farm for hours and notice something is wrong with the loot tables. Your hunch of it being odd are correct! The world drops in older legacy content have been damaged since the Winds of Mysterious fortune to my knowledge I could be wrong here but, the loot tables in outdoor content have been inaccessible for grabs.

I have watched Studen Albatroz and Parthalerix’s “Goldbound” series videos on YouTube proving such bug exists and making content hard to achieve when the loot tables aren’t working correctly. I’d like to see Blizzard hopefully fix this issue at some point because it’s been a known bug by the community for quite some time now.

I know this is a steep request by after Dragonflight’s patches with seeing all these old ID’s and items return makes me hopeful they could fill in the gaps when it comes to old content to re-explore and obtain all their appearances. Thanks for taking the time to read this and most important I’d think a lot of people would welcome these changes for mini patches.

1 Like

This is the first I’m hearing of world drops being bugged but it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. I did try to find out more detail by going to one of the youtube channels you suggested but my body had a violent visceral reaction to seeing all those obscene terribad clickbait thumbnails on them. So I couldn’t click on any of them as I had snapped my spine in two from the cringe. Human spines are not equipped to deal with cringe of that magnitude. I may need spinal surgery. Send help. :headstone:

Blizzard doesn’t let me post links but on Parthalerix’s video " We Got An Ultra Rare Drop In Elwynn… Is It Enough To Escape? - Goldbound Episode 4" starting at 5:10 and so forth he explains it.

Probably more useful just to link to the eu thread:

Yeah I could’ve but it’s easier to discover on youtube since it will provide info to a wider audience in hopes Blizzard knows about the bug

Have you posted in the bug forum? You can move this thread there using the topic controls.

I have not, because this is a tied subject for this post alone