More, more stuff

The post was sequestered to GD (surprise surprise) so Im posting the articles again.

Wasn’t sure where to stick this so I made a new thread.

https://massivelyop.com/2019/10/16/blizzard-bans-college-team-too/

https://massivelyop.com/2019/10/16/wow-factor-the-shoddy-apology-for-blizzards-hong-kong-liberation-issue-and-the-ethics-of-boycotting/

"It’s entirely reasonable to look at the way all of this was handled and decide that this is a studio you no longer wish to interact with at all as a response.

No, that doesn’t mean that you’re a hypocrite if you can’t or won’t cut out every business in the world that has some interactions with China."

5 Likes

Well, before stuff got moved I had given Blizzard the barest modicum of respect for applying their rule universally.

I rescind that this time because posts got moved to a place we literally could not post ourselves.

1 Like

Now I get to have endless pings from General Discussion

joy

morerest stuff

You can mute threads. It’s very helpful.

1 Like

That is good to know

Unless they’re trying to compile the feedback into one thread, constantly moving it without so much as a post clarifying the action isn’t going to help us out here.

Short version is Riot is releasing a Hero based FPS, an online TCG, a 1v1 fighter, a dungeon crawler, and an animated series.

I noticed that. Riot is coming for Blizzard’s head at this point and they couldn’t have chosen a better opportunity.

1 Like

That was my impression as well.

Riot is also 100% owned by Tencent and preemptively banned talking about Hong Kong.

2 Likes

riot still absolutely stinks but after buying the Rising Thunder devs and shutting that game down so they can make this instead, i need to know what it’s like and will play it

Yeah really. They have no room to talk because we know what will happen if any of their supports dares to speak up about Hong Kong or Taiwan.

1 Like

yep not only is riot 100% owned by tencent their corporate culture is also well-documented and irredeemably awful

7 Likes

The only thing worse than Blizzard falling from grace is seeing Riot try and consume its tasty flesh and absorb its power.

The world is doomed.

4 Likes

say what you will about riot because they deserve it, but they at least make the effort of showing that they’re changing, unlike blizzard “do you not have human rights” entertainment

https://kotaku.com/riot-games-and-sexism-one-year-later-1837041215
Same writer and website who broke the original story.

As far as Hong Kong goes, they’re still bad and I’ve no intention of making excuses for that or their previous work culture - tbh I felt iffy on them announcing their new big social drive while simultaneously censoring players from speaking about Hong Kong.

also fun fact the hong kong megathread is locked too lmao

Oh my god it’s the same abuseable b.s. system where mindless flags are just forcing the topic to close, the exact same (known) issue among so many other large threads

Gee Blizzard, your community is doing the silencing job for you, how convenient

2 Likes

“This topic is temporarily closed for at least 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.”

1 Like

It’s not apparently deliberate, it’s just blizzard’s wild and wacky automoderation kicking in as they struggle to reopen it every half hour.

Amazing.

“WeLl GuYs It’S iN tHe RuLeS”

5 Likes