More loas in ardenveald

This is just awful to hear. I think I heared somewhere that they were even going to villian bat him. How sad would that be? As much as I hate his inclusion in Ardenweald, its better than him being a Jailer mook/not present at all

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone ever outright stated this, but I know it was widely speculated on when he first popped up.

I mean, death god in the underworld. Makes deals for souls. Sketchy. Sounds exactly like Raid Finder Satan. That he was also charming as all heck both detracts and confirms this line of thinking.

Heck, I know a few people were disappointed when his sketch talk to dead Horde players in GYs turned out to be all a bunch of not-foreshadowing, and he’s just kinda a fun guy instead.

Bwonsamdi was set up to be a villain in BFA. He was set to be Talanji’s nemesis.
I’m very glad they recanted on that decision.

These exaggerations make me want to vomit. Yep, night elf fans are totally satisfied from random fae zone instead of getting the justice they sought.

Isn’t that what we wanted all along folks? To save our friends from hell? This faerie zone was built for us because all we wanted since the WoT was to get a faerie zone in the afterlife.

2 Likes

like I said in another thread , you night elfs got more things to compensate for your suffering than anyone other races in the story of wow has ever gotten , you maybe didnt got the “justice” you wanted but at leats you got some form of closure and a lot of other things alongside it to make it feel better

how about you take all that you have gained throught endless whinning and just be happy hein ?

thats the prob with you night elf players you are entilted brats , you only want exactly what you want and if you don’t , you whine because you didnt , again you got more than anyone else in wow has ever gotten and yet still here you are

take your faerie zone full of night elf lore where you get to save your dragon aspect mommy and the souls of all your people while also getting to see tyrande crap on horde players while we are forced to do her biddings and stop crying because it isnt precisely what you wanted to the last detail

the horde playerbase lost yet another warchief and all of their pride in the horde and no one knows what it means to be horde anymore

you lost a tree with some meaningless npcs in it , the horde lost their entire faction

lmao night elves are never satisfied with anything. the entire game could only have night elves in it and it would still not be enough.

1 Like

You can dislike aspects of the game without taking broadside potshots at people or the other faction, guys. At least focus the complaining at the game itself.

3 Likes

I wonder if there is a specific alliance fan, or it was a trend.
:thinking:

He’s all about deals as far as I’m aware. Maybe there is something for what that could be benefitial. But I have no idea what the devs plan for him.

Could be. Did not get there so far. (got to 60 faster than to Ardenweald. Mining ftw)

I wish Azshara would appear from time to time, she’s such a treat. But can’t have everything. Oh well.

Collector’s ed. book has a line

Ardenweald and the Emerald Dream are opposite blooms connected to the same tree.

If the Dream is the personification of life in the waxing stage, the Ardenweald is life when it is waning.

But I have no idea what that means.

To be honest, IMO that location on paper could’ve been a great place to explore more in-depth how actually trolls turned into elves. And their common roots and interactions. Oh well, maybe some other day.

To be honest, wouldn’t it be “in character”? I mean, take Azshara as an example
:octopus:

At some point I decided that it makes more sense to consider the player characters to be only loosely associated with their factions. Mostly because there is no choice present, so the players are dragged into the stories they might not like, and can’t get more or those turns of events that probably would like.

gl hf

1 Like

This makes no sense to me, the Dream was supposed to be an Azeroth-only thing, while Ardenweald is a death realm for everyone.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

I mean yeah kinda but he is now also bound to talanji and seem to decently like her , so throught his relation with talanji I would expect him to not be so friendly to alliance players

Ardenweald isn’t a death realm for anyone, at least not in the same way the other three realms are. It’s specifically for wild gods, and I guess Ysera, and a small number of selected individuals who just go there and chill in their fursona. It’s not like Bastion where you go there to be a blue Angel-Valkyrie hybrid, it’s not like Maldraxxus where you go to be an eternal soldier, or like Revendreth where you get punished for your sins. It’s the default wild god after life, with some specific tagalong friends.

So, even if the Dream is Azeroth-specific, what we know about Ardenweald to date could still also be Azeroth-specific. Until we find out there’s wild gods from Draenor or some other world, the connection is still valid.

You don’t know me at all. But keep pretending you do. Ardenweald is where the Wild Gods are reborn and the Curse is a Wild God Curse, but sure, convince yourself it’s not tied to Ardenweald.

Ardenweald is … I have far less favorable words I’d like to use, but it’s a mishap to force night elf content. It doesn’t make sense, it retcons decades of lore. Because of that, I don’t care if Worgen show up. Why not? What’s good for the night elf is good for the worgen.

Of course, I’m going to bet most nelves would be mad about sharing.

But we see “wild gods” from other worlds in Ardenweald.

We do? Who?

Not saying we don’t, but I haven’t seen them.

Her point, I think, is Ardenweald is NOT a Azerothian specific death realm. As you said, Wild Gods/Loa from the entire multiverse go there for rebirth

I don’t know about a worgen storyline, but then again it’s not like there was anything much to the Shadowlands before this whole expansion. There probably could have been an Alpha Prime cameo and a world quest to go animal hunting with his ghost or something.

1 Like

Aliothe. Got her world destroyed by the legion

2 Likes

Droman Aliothe. The big bear? We talk to her and she tells us that her world was destroyed by the Legion so she couldn’t return when she was reborn, so now she stays here.

2 Likes