More firings at Blizzard

Nope! More misunderstanding. I quoted the article and asked a question, then laughed because of the miscommunication going around.

But you do you! This entire thread went sideways way before I pointed out how it’s not making sense.

You’re always worth a laugh, pal.

Others were attacking them more, but this is you doing it as well.

He is simply saying 37 firings happened between now and July 2021.

This is Activision Blizzard, they removed people after they boasted record breaking profits. I wouldn’t hold your breath on that.

No dude, she’s simply telling you pretty much what i’ve said: Those 37 firings happened between July 2021 to Now. Relax.

No tenfingers, she was agreeing with you. Nobody has ever said that thought but you. :man_facepalming:

Maybe you shouldn’t give them a reason to think that?

There’s a reason why i’m not one of those people who get happy as heck whenever somebody gets fired, and i don’t try to ruin their reputation over a simple disagreement with me, and not the idea in general. (Because to those people, they simply act like they are the arbiter of that idea, and if you disagree with them, you disagree with the idea in general, which that not how that works, but sadly too many people are convinced in this flawed way of thinking without any self awareness) To think this is only a two sided “Your with me or your against me” just shows what kind of person you are. It’s honestly bullying people into picking a side and making outright enemies ironically enough.

Even if the people fired are right proper pieces of puree crap with no redeemable bone in their body, i still wouldn’t have this attitude. And i’m on the side on Devs here in not just Blizzard but the game industry as a whole. Nobody deserves being abused or harrassed, man, woman, Ubisoft, Riot, Blizzard, etc, nobody. And with those bad actors fired, i hope it leads to something better then this. It sucks that it happens, but it’s for the good for the people involved in the creation of games we consume.

But people like you just make our side look worse with this attitude.

This is what make politics …LOOK :clap: LIKE :clap: A :clap: JOKE. :clap:

Asking a question, quoting the facts and laughing at miscommunication is now attacking? LOL wow. This thread now REALLY went sideways! :rofl:

Seems like these firings may be connected to the sexual harassments allegations. If that’s the case, this would be justified by Blizzard.

5 Likes

A couple of interesting things I saw in the articles…

No mention of Warcraft, not any of Blizzard… just the holding company Activision Blizzard… and Call of Duty, as it’s showcase product.

A second article, states Act Blizz is very good at reinvesting, and growing a profit.

37 gone, and 44 cited as disciplined, is indeed more than I had previously read about.

Get rid of the bad eggs… but don’t expect me to join this forums condemning Activision Blizzard.

1 Like

Is Fran Townsend still working at Activision?

Ahahahahahaha, yup :rofl:

State of Blizzard right about now tbh… a picture says a thousand words :ok_hand:

She does not work for Activision Publishing. She works for ATVI the corporate stock holding company that is over Blizzard, Activision, King, etc.

They have some very questionable people there.

1 Like

Wow forums are amazing :rofl:

What an epic display of poor reading skills :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Not just you, many others here too

/Faceplam

as a customer, I don’t care to see their dirty laundry, I just want a fun, quality game for leisure time.

Overall Activision Blizzard has over 1000 employees, so this is not many.

He can’t be removed. Only the board of directors can remove him, and they are hand-picked cronies of his.

The one who is kinda a mastermind of this mess is still there though…

I think it was a team effort.

1 Like

True…but the flow always comes from the top.

37 employees fired over a 6 month period is not enough to make a sea change in workplace culture.

Oh I totally agree with that…

Either you guys missed this or the article was updated after you last looked at it.

Fidelity International, a U.K.-based investor, sent a letter to Activision Chairman Brian Kelly calling for an independent review by an outside law firm and saying the board should consider placing Mr. Kotick on administrative leave while that happens.

The letter, viewed by the Journal, is dated Nov. 30 and hasn’t been previously reported. It also asked for more board independence and pointed out that Mr. Kelly and lead independent director Robert Morgado both have served in their roles for more than 20 years.

The letter warned that Fidelity International, which owns about 0.6% of Activision, according to FactSet, would divest shares or “enlist the support of other shareholders,” if its concerns weren’t appropriately addressed. SOURCE

This is the real "oh no , oh no no no no no" moment.

While the rest of the article just appears to be a summary of events that have already happened the news that Fidelity aren’t happy with Activision Blizzard is major news.

Particularly as they are within the top 10 major investors of Blizzard. Ignore the “0.6%” claim by the article - Fidelity International are part of the Fidelity group IIRC - collectively they would have about 3-4% placing them amoungst the top 10.

Sure there’s 2 existing shareholder lawsuits. Yet none of the plantiffs collectively have as many shares in ATVI as Fidelity collectively has.

Take a look at this tweet -