More Customization!

In Wowhead’s recent interview with Jeremy Feasel (Muffinus), when asked whether there was plans for more customization, Feasel answered “Nothing in the short term but we’re always looking for ideas from players, so please continue to submit your ideas for things that you’d like to see.” basically confirming that it is unlikely there will be more customization added in the future.

This comes as a major disappointment to most of us as not only was it promised that customization would continued to be added throughout Shadowlands, but that first round was unequal and even shallow with some races getting a lot more or a lot less than others. Customization was used as a major selling point for Shadowlands. To go on to say that there likely won’t be anymore makes the marketing feel deceptive.

Some of the most popularly requested options were skipped over such as Dark Ranger/San’layn customization, troll beards, upright postures for undead and worgen, Dragonmaw options for orcs, more faces for tauren, forest troll skins, etc. The list is long for sure.

However a lot of these unmet requests are already in game, used for NPC assets with Dark Ranger options and upright undead. It would take a nominal amount of effort and resources to implement these. Yet for some reason Blizzard continues to refuse to release them to the players.

We’re told to continue to make suggestions but that feels like something they’re saying to keep us vainly hoping. It’s difficult to keep making suggestions when all that passion and effort to make them seen and heard is ignored. I have seen artists and modelers on twitter submit extensive, detailed lists of customization feedback with visual examples/models expertly made.

They put in all this work because Blizzard asks for feedback in hopes of some of it being realized and considered. What makes it even worse is that when posed with questions Blizzard employees either dance around the question or outright ignore them. It doesn’t matter how politely they’re asked.

But TLDR of this thread is to show Blizzard that we want continued customization throughout Shadowlands because it was promised and the first round felt lacking.

For the nitpicky: I use “We” as in the large group of people who want more customization, not as an assumption of everyone’s desire.

124 Likes

I want this hairstyle for Blood Elf Females.

https://i.imgur.com/duK30vi.png

Give me that, Blizzard, and I’ll name my firstborn son after you!

13 Likes

nah that looks perfect for void elves instead

16 Likes

Void Elves want everything!

Go find your own hairstyles! This one is mine!

22 Likes

Can forsaken even have children?

I’m about to just start a “Suggestions” thread. We’ve been needing one for a while anyways, just to slow down some of the repeat threads around here.

I thought about doing it last night to be honest.

1 Like

Of course we can. You just need to be creative, steal the secrets of Genemancy from the Mantid Genemancers (that’s a thing) and make an Apothecary Laboratory with cloning pods.

3 Likes

Well that is disappointing especially for allied races.

Unless they weren’t being included in that question or answer.

14 Likes

I’m sure you’ll make beautiful babies with whoever you choose. Beautiful whimsical children.

1 Like

wait so they haven’t planned more customization even though one of the bigger selling points of the expansion was more customization?

there is alot of suggestions threads around

Nightborne for example really needs it since we have little to no options to play with

i can’t wait when blizzard actually implement this arcane flow hairstyles, less fan of vines but the the arcane touch just makes it 10000 times better

27 Likes

That does look cool! I wished my nightborne could look like that.

4 Likes

I don’t think that “WE” want more customization. Since I have found a couple of others on the forums that agree with me, I (not unlike the OP), will assume that everyone agrees with me. Therefore WE do not want more customization. WE want more content…

1 Like

The art team has nothing to do with the content part of the game. Don’t be a jerk. If it makes you feel better I’ll change the thread’s title.

10 Likes

I’m baffled that’s their current position. It was a major selling point of the expansion and there’s been so many great suggestions given by the community.

10 Likes

I was fairly surprised that customization wasn’t really talked about. They did say it was a main focal point of Shadowlands and what we got seemed underwhelming, at least for many races at the start. I figured we would get a whole new suite of options to play with in major patches but I guess not any time soon.

Forum posters have been giving feedback on customization options for years so I can’t imagine they are out of ideas. So, being told to go back to the forums to offer input was odd to me. I mean, I know we can suggest more but I feel like there’s enough to work with for a while.

17 Likes

I want more customization. 100%. I don’t care about the new content. Very little of it looks even remotely interesting to me. I was hoping for customization. I’ve made suggestions on the forums for years, and they’re going to go “oh make suggestions we’ll listen?”

I haven’t seen any of the popular requests implemented except for Vulpera, which were probably going to be an allied race from the get-go anyway. What’s the point of asking for feedback when they take none of it?

No Nightborne remodels, no added questlines/lore/customization for things like Dark Rangers/San’layn, no Allied Races like Sethrak/Ogres/Saurok/Ethereals etc… No blood elf scarring or tattoos (just horrible looking jewelry). I’m sure other players with ideas for other races can chime in too (I’m speaking from my perspective as someone interested in what I mentioned).

It’s getting extremely tiresome.

“Give us ideas and suggestions”

Ok, so use the ones people have been giving for months here and in other areas, you legit seem to not be taking any of them, Blizzard.

29 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/fubwzc/for_those_of_you_who_think_that_hiding_bones_is/
https://i.imgur.com/yWdaxVZ.png?1

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/blog/images/18807-new-troll-character-customization-options-in-shadowlands.jpg

Skeleton, Forest Trolls, and Wizard Beards

22 Likes

Nice! I like the wizard beard and the troll skin.

3 Likes

during the last tavern crawl mini event I came across a helmet that we could wear for 4 hours in Gadgetzan, this helmet shows the hair hanging down and not the default ugly buzz cut Blizzard gives us now, so I know it can be done, I am hoping moving forward Blizzard can make more helmets and hats that lets us keep the hair hanging down option. it looked many times better than the buzz cut look on my character.

11 Likes

Skeleton customization is probably a long shot but I just really would like less skin instead of more.

1 Like