More customization for divine steed please? Or make racial chargers able to fly?

Ok.

I have a huge gripe with Divine steed. As a skill is pretty fun, you summon your paladin mount and run really fast, is the main mobility skill paladins have, but I have gripes with it, and maybe players share the sentiment or not, but I feel that the features i will suggest will be embraced by most people here since they only would bring positives.

The thing is, I like to run one mount per character, and this has to be a flying mount since well, we have to fly, but with paladins, you kinda don’t have much choice, because divine steed will always use your racial mount, or you can glyph it with one of the 4 options of Chargers from legion. Said Chargers are flying mounts, and thats great, but thats basically it, if you want divine steed to match your flying mount, you need to use one of the 4 class mounts from legion, which let me be clear, is already a very good option, but, a horse doesnt exactly fit most of the current races that can pick paladin, it fits humans, maybe blood elves, maybe dwarves and dark irons and thats it. But we can have more ideas right?

So, there could be some changes implemented that could make things better and open up paladin customization:

1 - The most “simple” to implement, would be a glyph that changes divine steed to summon no mount whatsoever, and your character just runs really fast, I feel this would be a very simple one size fits all case, it would also help for those bigger races to not get stuck on doorframes while casting divine steed.

2 - I feel a lot of people would like this, but not exactly the easiest one to implement, would be to turn every paladin racial mount into a flying one, dynamic flight would look weird in some, but I still feel it would be worth it, and I don’t see how anyone would get mad over that, we are given flying mounts basically for free and paladin mounts still take the same cast time as regular mounts, it would be just extra flavor.

3 - Full on divine steed customization: I assume this would be super hard to implement, but imagine if we could set up any mount to use as divine steed? Gliders, discs, horses, dragons, It would be awesome.

1 Like

The fact theres no glyph to make the Argent warhorse paladin only mount your divine steed is so annoying. Love the colors on it.

2 Likes

This right here.

I’m fairly positive I’ve see. Paladins flying around on paladin steeds (believe they came from Legion hall mounts). I have not seen something like the paladin lightforged talbuk flying around. Yet.

OP, you having a single mount for everything is an aesthetic preference only?

That’s fine if so and you probably already know, but in case you don’t, you can macro a ground and flying mount in the same macro as below with the first blank space being ground mount and the second being your flying.

#showtooltip
/cast [noflyable] ________
/cast [flyable] ________

On my dwarf paly I’m using the Dawnforged Ram and golden/yellow Algarian Stormrider mounts which looks very “paladin” and dwarfy.

1 Like

Yeah, it is just an aesthetic choice.

It would be pretty sick if they let us customize our steeds like we do with the dragon mounts from DF.

I love the Human & BE Chargers but they really need to be updated at this point. I don’t really like the Legion mounts as much as the colors are off from what I want and they are less cool.

I agree that the asthetic of the ability is off where big, bulky paladins are concerned. I’m thinking of Taurens, Zandalari trolls, and both kinds of Draenei. They all look goofy on horses, lol!

I also have to admit that I’ve never been a fan of dwarves on horses, either. Their legs can’t reach the stirrups! :-0

Give mondo- sized paladins and dwarven paladins the option to glyph a different mount for Divine Steed.