More and more signs point to a new game being needed (wow 2)

The game systems that we know and are familiar with in World of Warcraft are slowly killing and suffocating us all. Read this thread ( DISABLING XP GAINS ON 110+ CHARACTERS ) it’s enough to kill your brain cells over trying to understand the Dev’s current logic of thinking, because that idea didn’t just come out of thin air.

There are too many anchors holding the current game down to allow people to let go of ideas they hold to so dearly. This is all very general but for the purposes of the TLDR crowd you can’t go into full details without the trolls saying your post is too long.

The complaints are all the same after a while. It’s got to go to the shelf guys. WoW had a good run, really BFA should be the closing of this game. We don’t need another expansion to fix the wrongs of the previous expansion, because clearly they can’t stay on pace with fixing what the game needs now. We need a new game entirely.

1 Like

So if this game is now a bust, you expect the same people to put together a better sequel? No thanks.

Sometimes I’d genuinely rather play Rift if anyone else would play with me.

2 Likes

Each expansion is basically a new wow game, just with the same graphics. Were basically on WoW 8 at this point.

Sometimes it’s easier to start from scratch than try to repair an atom bomb already leaking nuclear waste all over the place.

… I knew someone would post that, it didn’t take all but 2 posts, it’s too predictable. Exactly what I was talking about, too fixed into the previous systems and anchors.

What’s predictable is seeing the same threads over and over, like this one. Such originality.

2 Likes

Even if they did come out with WoW2 or world of Diablo or whatever gamers these days are so jaded they would crap all over it and declare it the new worst thing ever. There is no making gamers happy anymore

1 Like

Meh… If they were to get away from the corporate greed and go back to their roots when they first developed WoW then maybe they could come up with a game that could be as successful as WoW has been over its lifespan. WoW is a gem in the rough industry that is MMORPGs… its hard to create something as rare as WoW has been. But the first step to acheiving that, is to go back to their roots as a company when their culture was based on passion and creativity and not money/power hungry like it is today.

1 Like

I agree with these statements for the most part, this is what they need to hear though. If there is ANY chance for something to change, real change, we got put WoW on the shelf and start it all over. That is something I think most Dev’s could get behind and be passionate about. Now would it be considered the worst thing ever by gamers? In the current state of affairs I can see that being true by their opinions but if we go back to what Azothan just said “back to their roots” and Blizzard did something ground breaking like leading the way instead of following everyone else, and make a brand new MMORPG, and going against the current culture we see most games going in, I think it would be a massive hit.

Sorry to hear that you must have to spend so much of your time reading each thread in the General forums and then having to reply (impusively) posting how non-original ideas are permeating said threads.

Me
posts read

You
posts read

Holy crap you spend a lot time here. Maybe take a break.