Morale for people who don't Get the legendary

Why would they want to be transparent about this or anything? It would just make people more irritated.

Lol are you suggesting the current m+ meta comps have something to do with low axe drops rates? Bwahahaha

You don’t seem to understand tuning, like at all.

The axe was never necessary for any class to be competitive. MYTHIC Fyrakk was killed without it, which tells you everything. You and your group not being skilled enough to down fyrakk is a you problem, and would not change just cause you got the axe.

The problem is bad luck protection. Having a bad luck protection mechanism in place creates an expectation of eventuality. As Blizzard has represented it, if we put in the time, we should expect it to drop eventually.

We don’t know what the actual drop rate is, or how much accrued bad luck protection affects it. That’s the unfun part.

All of y’all “rare items should be rare” people would have a point if the drop rate was low, and there was no bad luck protection mechanic. It would be easier as a player of an eligible class to put trying for it down if we knew that it only ever would have a 1% chance to drop.

But we have been told by Blizzard that there’s bad luck protection and even have actual tokens we use to show us that our chance is improving. That creates hope.

Is it actually false hope? I sure hope not, because it would make those who have nevertheless continued clearing this encounter week after week feel like suckers, and I don’t think that’s a feeling game devs probably want to foster in their player base.

For my part, I’m planning to avoid playing a class in future seasons if it’s eligible for a legendary to drop with this sort of framework, i.e. low chance w/ bad luck protection mechanic for a quest item requiring grindy quests and an expensive sum of mats to actually craft it. It has turned out to dampen what has otherwise been a pretty okay season.

1 Like

It would allow people to make an informed decision about whether it’s worth their and their raid team’s time to continue farming Fyrakk after progression has ended in order to get the axe.

Yall are really determined to let this axe ruin your day.

Don’t make excuses for people who hear “bad luck protection” and believe its going to massively change a legendary system. They chose to believe something contrary to blizzards twenty year game design around ultra rare drops. Its akin to willful ignorance at this point, and no small amount of entitlement. Just look at the dk on this thread that literally admits to thinking he deserves it just for playing. Lets be honest, thats how every person who complains about the rarity truly feels. No one does deserve it though.

This is what Blizzard told us at the start of the season. Are you suggesting they’re lying?

This system is actually different from previous ultra rare drops in the game. They’ve said so explicitly.

1 Like

You say like you never heard of a leggo before lol… I think someone said its an 8% drop so its alot more than 3%

Adding on to your post →

To clarify, it’s like having 4 rolls (LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic). I’d venture to guess that each difficulty has a particular success rate on each roll, but no one knows.

You can earn up to 4 “vouchers” per week to play the RNG game, and your prize is a leveling item in TTW. Let’s assume it was just a 1% chance per roll. If you defeat the boss on Normal you get 2 vouchers (LFR + Normal). If you defeat the boss on Heroic, you earned 3 vouchers (LFR + Normal + Heroic). However, if you go the route of Heroic, Normal, then LFR, you’ve actually earned 0 vouchers for your Normal and LFR effort.

In short, Blizzard designed the acquisition of a glorified leveling item so players could spend more time complaining on the forums about having wasted their time. /s

“someone said” did you know half the embers you get each weak dont contribute to your roll? and its not 8%. when has blizzard told anyone the % rate. Gen z starting rumors again

The bottom line is that making it a chance drop is dumb and doesn’t make it special it just makes it annoying to acquire. And yes if you want examples on a better way to go look at Shadowmourne, or Fangs of the Father. Look at lego acquisition in 7.3.5

You can complain about other people’s view all you what but it does not make it less true about not respecting the players time. :sweat_drops:

1 Like

There sure is a lot of crying on the forum about something being rare that also drops from LFR, so I’d say yes.

Learn to respect your own time, a game company isn’t here to respect your time. Accept some personal responsibility and figure out your own priorities.

1 Like

Sorry who are you?
You haven’t even played this patch.
People expect their time to mean something in a progression based game. It is not free if you have put the work.
I got the legendary twice if you’re asking. But I want my friends to be able to get it and I do not want this kind of unfulfilling rng again.

So why would they tune them to be worse by the same amount that the legendary give. We can’t know intent, but else it’s just bad balance.

Already explained, when you’ll be able to get people of the same level as world first players in your group ring me. Most people will kill that boss in a nerfed state with way better gear.

It’s not really rare, it’s just distributed in a terrible fashion. Lot of people have it, I have 2 of them. But lot of people that actually do the content too don’t have it and I want them to have more fun and to get it.

MoP cape and the Cata staff were both (essentially) deterministic to the point that currency was always available, some dropped each raid, just not necessarily the same amount week to week. So, you always progressed (and knew how much you progressed) each week. Mind in Cata the currency could only be looted by one player for each boss, so it was up to the raid/guild as to who got it in contrast to MoP where everyone got it. But the point stands.

Maybe you should look at my achives before saying Gen Z … Looks like you only started playing in 2011 lmao… you should respect veterans

1 Like

So…like every other class/role specific legendary ever to exist in the game?

If it was like Shadowmourne or Fangs WAY less people would have the legendary right now. Maybe that’s what people want when they suggest that?

lots of achievements = big mouth who makes up rumors gotcha :face_exhaling:

Actually it isn’t bad design. Its intentional design.

Rng is the road block of every rolling dice game. Whether it be wow eq or a table top RPG.

If you have bad luck rolling or even seeing something drop. Align your spirit to the proper higher being and pray.

Cause that’s the only way you gettin anything.

A legendary items. Is supposed to be extremely rare almost non existent…

There are people today that have ran black temple every week since it first came out 18 years ago. And still don’t have two glaives.

Why should you just get a legendary because you ran something 20-39 times. Try 500+ and still not getting it. Then you can complain…

items like black temple glaives could last more than one tier. The current legendaries are seasonal. It makes sense that they should be able to drop in a season.

Being intentional bad design doesn’t make it better.
Rng can exist, but it also can be done better. Having a single roll for a legendary vs building it over weeks with shards is way worse. That we get this model of legendary still nowadays is clearly them not learning their lessons.

Legendaries can still be rare and be dropped in a more fair way. If it only dropped on heroic or mythic it would become rare enough that you wouldn’t need some unfair rng to make it rare. Moreover, a legendary is not just a lottery ticket. A legend is built upon it’s tale, it’s because it’s story component that it is a real legendary.

people this just a game. stop being angry about a axe.