MoP Remix Means Classic Ends at Cata

Why would they give everyone the MoP experience twice? Once during “remix” and then again with MoP Classic.

4 Likes

I mean one way or another Cata literally destroys the vanilla world thus effectively ending Classic.

6 Likes

Phase 1 of SoD was probably the best Classic experience for me so far.

1 Like

I too will be interested to see where they go with this. I’m not sure even the devs have a long term plan. I thought it was already complicated by the question “so is classic re-release going to catch up to retail eventually?” and now they’ve muddied the waters further with these remixes.

3 Likes

i think the remix is an alternative to end games raids for dragonflight. something to keep people busy till war within

2 Likes

The only counterpoint to this is that the Remix is significantly different, like a SoD MoP, and it’s occurring simultaneously with Cataclysm so there’s a host of people who will be forced to choose between two time limited options.

I think they’ve been getting ahead of themselves for the Cata and MoP work, and so Remix was a way to do extra work on MoP because the MoP Classic is all but ready.

I do think MoP Classic is dependent on the success of MoP Remix (or lack thereof). If they see a whole pile of Classic players on Remix, then Classic will end.

1 Like

eeek. that would be bad

1 Like