MoP Remix, Conversion to Retail

Anyone who made it to 70 out there over the weekend, can you confirm what happened to your character now that the event is over?

I logged on to my character was 15 or so, and all the gear/items where removed and replaced with generic level up gear. Curious if this is the same at 70, I was hopping you would get some item level gear at least to match your progression.

The only thing I got to keep is the bronze in my currency tab. I did not hit max though but there is no way for them to let you keep the gear you obtained since it is totally different from the main game.

I would imagine if they want this to be a feeder for TWW, they would try to convert the item level so that your not on starter greens from here.

Not saying bring the overpowered gear with gems/powers, but to give folks at max level gear that has an item level to match their item level at the end of remix, so if your item level is say 520, you would get a 520 set of items to give you a leg up for leveling in TWW.

They aren’t going to do that - this will be over before the pre patch - plenty of time for you to earn upgrades to the green quest gear you will be given.

There is going to be a lot of players who are coming into this fresh with no dragonflight experience, just wanting to play mop and the opportunity to bring them into TWW is high here.

A smooth transition from this into retail with some gearing would go a long ways. I don’t think people are going to want to play Dragonflight to gear up, specially with TWW around the corner. One of the biggest problems with new wow expansions is the loss of power and that feeling that comes with it, to experience it twice back to back its going to be a negative for the player. If you want to maximize retention your going to want to curve that.

I am not saying it has to be Mythic raiding level gear, but you should consider scaling the reward to more than starter gear, and scale based on what you achieved at the end of Remix, not flat same for all.

1 Like

So you think they should play this and then unsub until TWW - don’t think that is something blizzard is going to encourage.