MoP Remix - Character Locked

Here is the thread I created in the customer support forum: MoP: Remix - Character Locked - #2 by Darthwraith-blackhand

It was suggested to me to post on the Bug Report forum instead.

Summary:
I do not own the Dragonflight expansion. My character is lvl 62, I got disconnected while picking up the quest ‘The Burlap Grind’. After trying to reconnect I was met with the ‘Character Locked’ error message. I was able to log into the rest of my characters and even create a new timewalking character without any issue. It was advertised that I would not need Dragonflight in order to play Mist of Pandaria: Remix here: https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/news/24092672/world-of-warcraft-remix-mists-of-pandaria-now-live

" AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE

No expansion purchase is needed, but a World of Warcraft Subscription or Game Time is required to begin this fast-paced adventure through Pandaria. This means that Classic players can also participate in a plethora of pandamonium by simply installing the modern (live) World of Warcraft client.

WoW Trial Accounts will also be able to experience this World of Warcraft Remix without a subscription or Game Time through level 20. Purchase a subscription or Game Time to continue beyond level 20. If you’re returning to World of Warcraft and don’t know where to start, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered."

I have a feeling that the reason my character is locked is because I do not own Dragonflight and am past lvl 60. Can I please get either a confirmation or refutation that this is the case, please and thank you!?

6 Likes

Just wanted to throw out that I’m finding myself in the same situation. I don’t own Dragonflight, I’m 67 on my MoP Remix Mage and am receiving the Character Locked error message. It was all fun and games when my experience bar disappeared after I hit 60, but not being able to log in to the character kinda sucks.

6 Likes

We believe that this issue has been fixed with an update that we deployed with realm restarts earlier this morning.

1 Like

The same thing happens to me, I just raised to level 60 and the experience bar disappeared, didn’t they say that you could reach level 70 just with the subscription?

1 Like

A friend of mine asked me to post it.

I leveled up a character to 60 before the patch. Later, on the newest version got a character lock on lvl 61. Exactly the same situation that was mentioned above.
I created a support ticket, but for people searching for the information here, may be useful to know that the problem seems not to be fully fixed.

Time: Friday, May 17, 2024, ~19:40 (GMT+2)
Game version: 10.2.7.54736
Server: Burning Legion EU

2 Likes