MoP Legendary Cloak spell effect

The legendary cloaks are probably one of the coolest pieces of transmog ever added to the game because of the spell effect that procs in and out of combat. Is there any way to make it so that those spell effects occur when your cloak is transmoged into one of these legendary cloaks? I know that the cloaks aren’t available if you didn’t earn them in MoP, but I think it would be a very cool status symbol like the MoP/WoD challenge mode armor/weapons and the mage tower skins for legion artifacts.

2 Likes

Sadly, nope, as they’re tied to the ‘on use’ effect of the item, not it’s appearance.

No, that’s what makes them special, just leave it alone. I earned it in MoP on my warlock, it’s never coming back, so use it during timewalking or something.

That is false. The wing effect OP is talking about here is a random visual effect that does not indicate that any mechanical effects are taking place. It is simply a really cool visual. I have been stumped as to why Blizzard has not added these visuals back in now that all legendaries are now usable in transmog.