MoP - cannot complete quests after faction change

Hello. I have submitted a ticket but got a generic response; after which I resubmitted but have not received any word back.

I originally made my character an alliance toon for MoP, but after completing quite a few quests opted to faction change to horde in order to be able to LFG queue with friends. After the faction change my character was set in the middle of Jade Forest. I assumed since I had already completed the introductory quests and what not, I was okay to just pick up with the next quests I found/saw.

Unfortunately, that seems to be not the case. I can no longer queue for LFG dungeons or scenario. When I went to the starter area, it ports me to where the gunship was at, but the gunship is not there. The character I am supposed to speak to is on the ground in that area, but cannot be interacted with.

I am hoping someone can help me fix this as I have very limited play time and would very much like to be able to participate in everything this event has to offer, but at this time, I am limited and think it will also prevent me from getting achievements and quests.

Is there anything that can be done other then me having to completely restart?