Moonkin + Cat + Travel Form Macro

Morning to you!

If you play a bit of Boomkin and have multiple buttons for !Travel Form; !Cat Form; and !Moonkin Form. This is a great little macro that works well with Feral and Restoration Affinity. This allows the user to shift between !Moonkin Form + !Cat Form [indoors] and !Moonkin Form + Travel Form [Outdoors] within a single macro.

#Showtooltip
/cast [indoors] Cat Form(shapeshift); [Outdoors] Travel Form(shapeshift);
/cast !Moonkin Form

Hope this helps all the druids of the Dreamgrove!

21 Likes

Here’s mine.
Enjoy :wink:

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/use [mod] Grand Expedition Yak; [swimming,noform:3]Travel Form(Shapeshift);[outdoors,noform:3]Travel Form(Shapeshift);[indoors,noform:2]Cat Form(Shapeshift);[indoors,form:2]Bear Form(Shapeshift);[form:3]Cat Form(Shapeshift)

5 Likes

I’m guessing this allows you to mount when not in combat, switch between Cat and Bear from?

Switch between cat and bear while inside. Switch between travel and cat outside. Holding down shift will summon your mog mount.

Have this line attached for other Moonkin abilities:
/cast [noform:4] Moonkin Form

5 Likes

Also, in the case of being in water that’s technically located inside (it does exist more than you’d think) water form doesn’t activate. If you’re not using a spec or affinity that uses the Moonkin form, it simply toggles from caster to travel/cat (depending on location).

Which as stated earlier, my ability macros have the [noform] line depending on the spec for on the spot form switching when needed. As for the (shapeshifting) sections within the macro, this was for stability from early BFA which may no longer be needed.

Tested inside and it still works.

Thank you, brother dr00d!

Go to an under water area that is classed indoors (one that travel form does not activate), and you will find that water travel form does not activate as the [indoors] modifier has made it that you’ll switch back and forth from cat to caster/moonkin forms.

For clarification:
If you’re unable to shift into stag/flight form, you’re most likely classed as being indoors. One very easy area to test this is inside the Nar’thalas Academy in Azsuna, or the pooled area both inside and out of Serpent Shrine Cavern where the water is classed as being indoors, and will not activate your underwater travel form. So when you tell me that you’ve “tested inside and it still works”, shows you’ve either mistaken an area as being zoned as indoors, just not bothered to actually test correctly, or just full of it…

There are other macros that work, and that do incorporate Moonkin. But what you’ve posted is horribly inefficient, and would have misled lesser educated players.

Oooo nifty. Thanks.

I was looking all over and none of the macros worked the way I wanted until I found your original macro and modified it to suit boomy and now I have the macro I need, thank you so much for this information!

3 Likes

Fantastic to hear it helped :+1:
I had a similar issue between Legion and BFA where something broke in my shift macro, and the (Shapeshift) sorted it out. Granted, it doesn’t have the room for incorporating Moonkin or extra mounts such as the water strider, but focused on reliable shifting in all scenarios.

Works great! ty

old post, but it’s what popped up in a search.
changed the first dudes post to make it work for water indoors

#Showtooltip
/cast [indoors, noswimming] Cat Form(shapeshift); [indoors, swimming] Travel Form(shapeshift); [Outdoors] Travel Form(shapeshift);
/cast !Moonkin Form

7 Likes

Tested this with my own ‘All in One’ Travel macro here:

/dismount [mounted]
/run VehicleExit()
/cancelform

/use [mod:shift]Grand Expedition Yak;[mod:ctrl]Mighty Caravan Brutosaur;[mod:alt]sandstone drake;[group:party,nomod,noflyable,noswimming,outdoors]Mount Form(Shapeshift);[noswimming,indoors,nomod,noform:2]cat form(shapeshift);[swimming,indoors,nomod,noform:3][nogroup:party,outdoors,nomod,noform:3][nogroup:raid,outdoors,nomod,noform:3]Travel Form(Shapeshift)

1 Like

Awesome! Still working for my moonkin! Thanks

Thanks Morning Horn love the macro.

A quick google search lead me here, and while the OP’s macro works, it is lacking in a number of aspects.

Is perfect!
Thank you!!!