Moonguard is the best server in wow

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

1 Like

Been on Moon Guard going on 10 years now, and OP is right that it’s mostly people from other realms that make lvl 1 toons to hang out in Goldshire. Every now and then I pop into the inn there when DMF is active because I forget to get Moonberry Juice or something else for DMF, and it’s VERY rare to see someone in Goldshire who is from MG in there. It’s FULL of people from other servers there. And not all conversations I observe there are ERP and smut related.

Out of all the servers I belong to (7 of them), MG and WrA are my favorites and most active with relatively NORMAL conversations in Trade Chat (not just services and raid boost advertising)! I’m surprised Proudmoore isn’t an RP realm, as tradechat there closely matches the same activity as MG and WrA. Stormrage isn’t bad at all, just depends on the time of day for activity in trade chat (usually after work hours). While I didn’t start my original toons on MG, I do call Moon Guard “home” for the last 10 years.

3 Likes

I liked MG, it’s nice.

1 Like

When people asked me why people play on RP servers / Moon Guard, I would give the basic run down you gave - BUT, I uh actually never really played on MG. I felt like an imposter >.< haha - so, I made a Druid on MG over the weekend actually and have been rather enjoying it!

I’ll probably slowly get that toon up over time and maybe eventually explore the more in-depth side of an RP server down the line, but yeah, OP’s post checks out.

2 Likes

Huh. It’s almost like it was just reset time and people are getting vaults/at work. I know, crazy right? Stormwind from noon till about Midnight is packed with people.

3 Likes

Moon Guard is best server!!

2 Likes

when i logged into stormrage there were much more people in stormwind…

1 Like

Good for you? As someone who has been on MG for the better part of 8 years now, I’m telling you when it is active, and when it isn’t. I can tell you all about it. I can’t understand it for you.

2 Likes

I admit, I have been tempted to xfer over but I am horde, is the horde side just as active?

2 Likes

it is fun to just go to " the inn " just to read the horrible trp’s

2 Likes

Cool? was just saying from my experience i saw a lot more people on stormrage at the same time. mg seemed dead at that time. im only a morning player. i dont play in the afternoon or at night.

1 Like

Then MG is not for you. Most people work through the mornings and afternoons. Prime time for a very populated SW is 4pm-12am, with people trickling in at around noon.

2 Likes

yeah i usually dont play videogames on week days cause im pooped from work. so usually weekend morning until about 2pm at the lastest for me. so its a shame mg isnt busier in the morning. right now thrall is insanly packed. the superbloom completed purple way before the final event started. never seen it complete so fast.

1 Like

It’s a great server, people actively chat in a bunch of chat channels in game. Lot of random events you can join in with or stumble upon, just the other day while I was in IF for the holiday daily someone came up and gave me a present in a ribbon wrapped box.

2 Likes

Hahaha. That stuff doesn’t happen in /say. Get TRP and browse a few profiles next time you’re in Goldshire. It’s… an experience.

1 Like

My point wasn’t to really immerse myself in any of what goes on, it was to see what the environment is like as someone who just wanders in

1 Like

You can go there and ask people, I also know b/c I used to raid on proudmore and my raid leader told me once he would appear offline and go to moongaurd.

Most people also use a roleplay addon, create full stories for our characters even if we don’t RP, and it lets us view other peoples profiles. 80/90% of people in the inn have nearly blank profiles and are level 10 or under.

1 Like

Agreed. I enjoy the Gnews and the fireworks show, along with the other RP happening here and there. I like to go with my peeps to Pinky’s and the fire pit in Boralus and just chill. :alien:

2 Likes

It’s always fun to see someone try and trash talk the Gnews…and then watch them get silenced due to the overwhelming reports of players. You can even watch it happen in real time, cause it logs you out when you get silenced.

4 Likes

Please refrain from making these types of posts.

This kind of talk is what flooded Grobbulus on WotLK with non-rpers and ruined the server.

We don’t need Tich, A52, or Illadin players coming to ruin MG

5 Likes