Montag Press Published My Book

It’s taken awhile, but Bay Area collective Montag Press published my first novel, Albrecht Drue, ghostpuncher., and I am stoked as &$#@ about it!

Some of you, the ones who have been here forever, may remember me from back in the day when I’d post daily everywhere I could. Some of you newer folks may know me, too, from that time I got wrecked and fell asleep in the middle of your raid-finder. I’m guessing most of you don’t know me at all, but since WoW is the only community that has provided me with a consistent home for the last 15 years, I wanted to share my modicum of success with you.

I also wanted to say thanks for keeping me going when nothing else did. WoW has been both an addiction and a refuge, keeping me sane even as it sometimes kept me from doing other things. You, the community, have kept me out of so damn much trouble that I can never properly thank you, but Imma give it a shot anyway.

But, the book! It’s an urban fantasy/horror thing, not related to WoW, but probably appealing to many of the players. Here’s the pitch:

"When a washed-up bar-room brawler gets jumped by the ghost of a jive-turkey 1970s pimp, he discovers a handy knack for punching the ever-loving &$#@ out of the undead. After that, &$#@ gets weird."

It’s currently available through Amazon, but will get a Hardcover run once we hit a certain sales threshold. I’m not sure if we’re allowed to link to stuff like that, but they’ll tell me if we’re not, so here goes:

Albrecht Drue, ghostpuncher.

Feel free to look for me on FB, Twitter, Insta, all that social media stuff-- it’s a necessary evil at this point, because even with a publisher, new authors have to hustle to earn a place on the shelves.

So, thanks y’all. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I’ve enjoyed playing this game with all of you.

Well, not all. You know who you are.

1 Like

I just happened in here to post about my friend, and saw your post. I’ll definitely check it out.