Monk vs rogue your opinion

Hello,

I’m trying to decide which spec main for the rest of the expansion and for DF. So far I think rogue is a good option, however I thought monk is an option since I also like to tank. I see the stats are the same for brewmaster and windwalker, so no need to have a different set for each spec.

I don’t like too much doing M+, I prefer raiding and casual PVP.

What is your opinion? should I stick with Rogue or Choose Monk

thank you

Is very simple.

You like sneak stabby stabby? You play rogue.

You like roll punchy punchy? You play monk.

5 Likes

It’s very simple.

Want to be consistently viable? Rogue.

Want to hate your life because the playstyle is dull as a rock atm? Monk.

2 Likes

I was just deciding between these two as well.

Leveled up both, started gearing both.

Ultimately monk won because I like having the option to tank or heal to skip the lines to get into groups.

If I were ONLY going to PvP, I might have gone with rogue, but maining a pure DPS for any kind of PvE content feels like a purgatory simulator waiting on LFG to pick you out of the mountain of DPS that apply to every group.

What, you don’t like BDB and spamming SCK endlessly in AoE? :crazy_face:

I think Rogue is going to stay strong forever. I intend on giving rogue a solid try with Tauren rogues being funny to me.
Monk allows you to fill healer and tank along with dps so you might get more enjoyment depending on what kind of stuff you wan to get into and how you want to play.

Rogue is the strongest DPS class in PvP atm and they have a history of always being top tier. A Rogue even won the dueling tourny that happened last week and took home $5k and another Rogue took 3rd place iirc.

With that said, please play Monk, we don’t need more Rogues in the game. One Rogue is already one Rogue too many.

1 Like

I agree, I was thinking rolling a monk cause I can play tank as well as dps

1 Like

Both can be great for pvp.
In casual pvp brewmaster monk even works pretty well.

Obviously I’m gonna lean towards monk but I used to main a rogue and they can be really fun (especially in pvp!)

Monks are more versatile for sure as they can tank/dps/heal.

Yeah, I like Monks. Well, I like mistweaver and brewmaster at least.

I want to respect rogues for the class and dps and control but as a warrior and shaman player back when the game came out and on classic I just can’t get past the hate for rogues and mages.

yes I played warrior for 10 year and I mages are the worst thing in wow for warriors, rogues are ok

1 Like