Monk only weapon idea?

Hi my fellow monk friends. I was thinking about this recently as several ideas over the past years have jumped out at me.

A monk only weapon ( much like dh’s war glaives) could be nunchucks.

It would be really neat to see these types of weapons added to the game.

What about the rest of you ? Do you have some ideas for monk weapon types ?

Thanks for reading and replying.

(This post is meant to brain storm and be light hearted, please dont put down others ideas down. I really want to hear about everyones thoughts and perspectives)

1 Like

They could make them one handed maces and use the chain animation just like the warrior mage tower chain mace.

Just use that animation rig and then swap the ball for another handle and boom Monk’s have Nunchucks.

2 Likes

Nunchaku were a fairly popular suggestion for the Artifact weapon during Legion prior to the fist weapon reveal. I think they would have been much cooler looking, too.

As pointed out, they would have been 1H maces with a chain animation. There are many weapons in the game that include chains and dangly bits, including the Brewmaster Legion Artifact. But, no - we got fist weapons that were invisible unless we were wielding them while everyone else got to show off their spiffy artifacts all the time.

1 Like

u lost me at nunchucks

i think u meant to say 2h glaive , like the giant spear type thing.

This whole thread makes me want tortollan monks …

I think those little tiny pitchforks would be cool too …

Edit: I guess they’re called sai?

1 Like

These are already in the game as daggers. I think Blizz is adding more colors of them into pandaria timerunning too.

1 Like

Sock’em Boppers

3 Likes

You mean like half the polearms that are already in game? Where’s the fun in that?

1 Like

I’ve wanted tonfa for a long time.

Also, the fact that monks can’t use 2H swords when Temple Swords are a thing eludes me.

2 Likes

Tonfa’s have been in game since wrath

1 Like

if it had cool animations… yknow… not like normal pole arms… really big ones , not spears

Riiight, right. I do want these specifically for the appearance but I also just want simple tonfa. Just the wooden handle, simple weapon that (yes I Googled it) came about from repurposing the handle off a millstone.

I hate class-specific weapons. Ruins loot tables for a lot of classes that aren’t that class, and adds a lot of extra gear. Agree with sentiments above though, that’s a decent mace transmog.

These already exist and are the Suramar artifact appearance.

not even survival get cool polearm animations

I’d be fine with more fist weapons. It really annoyed me when the Emerald Dream area had zero fist weapons.

1 Like

Those are Hulk Hands, there’s a HUGE difference!!!

1 Like

It has some fist weapons.

Though my problem is that we dont have enough fist weapons that work as gloves, they are all like, stabby or scratchy things.

1 Like

I do tend to use my invisible fist wraps most of the time.

1 Like

I agree with this alot. Coming from other games where monk is actually unarmed, it’s annoying to always have my hands occupied/covered.

Open palm means OPEN palm…

1 Like

Gentlemen. Might I propose.

https://youtu.be/vMGiS90RhkM?si=LnQpXHZSbBRy_aPA&t=62

1 Like