Monk in TWW

Now read the talent description for skyreach on retail.

I can save you the time, Skyreach is the one that makes your tiger palm charge to the target, skytouch is the one that just gives you 10 yard range on tiger palm and doesn’t charge, they added it in dragonflight because skyreach was displacing you on raid fights like the spider.

You’ll notice the “dashes you to the target” is not on skytouch.

Skytouch just gives tiger palm a 10 yard range, Doesn’t dash you to the target. Skyreach is what gave you the 10 yard range + dash.

1 Like

Will we use clash now?

i think the new roll talent will just be skyreach then kinda. just run celerity always for 3 of them

It’s a 30yard gap closer that also roots and you give up like nothing to take it, don’t think you would ever not.

New roll talent is going to depend on how it targets, is it just going to send you at pets constantly?

1 Like

A lot can happen between now and then, but what can I say. I hope you’re right.

ww mobility when the lock drops a meteor that does 4+ chaos bolts worth of damage: :headstone:

Bruh, have you seen the tooltips on some of these other specs?

Devastation has an instant 30 second cd, with two charges, that hits for 370% spell power (basically the same as Eternity Surge), but is increased by 50% for every DOT you have on the enemy, and consumes 8 seconds of Fire Breath from target, amplifies it by 200%, and detonates the damage as an AOE

Or how about this fun Disintegrate combo:

75% modifier from Mass Disintegrate + 20% modifier from Luminescence + 20% modifier from Shattering Star + 20% modifier from Melt Armor (new talent for Deep Breath)

You could probably Star > Eternity Surge > Divide and Conquer - Deep Breath > Disintegrate someone for free Shuffle wins

nah im completely trolling ww mobility seems insane but every other spec in the game looks a lot more broken compared to some piss dash and rjw on my sotwl

2 Likes

Engulf is also a red spell, so will likely benefit from iridescence, and has +20% damage in the tree. So that 370% spell power becomes 532.8% +2x(4 ticks of fire breath). Fire breath is 27.4% spell damage a tick base, amped 40% from heat wave and 20% from expanded lungs. This puts it at 532.8%+368.3%. Since we have 1 dot via fire breath, that 532.8% is increased by 50% to 799.2%. If enkindle counts, then its easy to have 2 dots for 100% bonus, putting it at 1065.6%+368.3%=1433.9% spell power damage, then amplified by vers/mastery. Maybe we also throw in the ruby embers talent as well for 3 dots rolling, bringing the total to 1700%.

Instant cast with 2 charges btw.

1 Like

i was aware lol

1 Like

Can you use your code-reading wizardry to figure out if Iridescence actually amps all Fire spells, and not just Pyre/Living Flame? Cuz I was doing this thing in DWG where I’d Fire Breath b4 grabbing a CD reset in DWG to amp the next Fire Breath, and I don’t know if it actually works ^u^

both red and blue iri use server side scripts instead of being hard coded to specific abilities, so idk.

Name             : Iridescence: Red (id=386353) [Spell Family (224)] 
Effects          :
#1 (id=1020361)  : Apply Aura (6) | Dummy (4)
                   Base Value: 20 | Scaled Value: 20 | PvP Coefficient: 1.00000 | Target: Self (1)

It’s not complex. Health pools went up, damage did not go up.

That is a 90 second cd with 4 second duration, reduced by haste and you can’t use anything else during it. So I am not sure how much of a gap closer ability that is …

Then you don’t have double teleport anymore, which was one of the best implements in dragonflight from my perspective.

Short distance … we have to find out what that will mean.

That is basically the 10 yards charge from Tiger Palm, which they have removed. And I would think, when you need the port, your snare from Crashing Momentum becomes pointless.

Overall, it means more mobility for monk, but I think ww is the most range depending melee in this game. They should actually have the best toolkit to generate melee range and since they have the worst stun shutdown compared to other leather classes and even most plate classes, they definitely need great mobility!

??? xuen lasts 20 seconds custer

quit trying to rain on my parade

1 Like

I would have expected, that it is only active during Celestial Conduit, but in case it is active for whole xuen duration, it would finally be something good and strong.

Not that you wouldn’t receive 20 roots/knocks/stuns and other spamable cc during your burst anyways, but at least you don’t have to cripple after mages, dks, rogues, etc. on top of it.

The rest stands!

Not toxic at all …