Monitor black out / detect issues randomly

Just recently returned to game to play catch up and am having wil video issues where it will be fine and then suddenly it will act as though the system lost the monitors for a sec and go black then come back a few seconds later, be fine, then do it again, then at times get a flurry of them. Its acting almost like its doing a plug and play detection.

I cannot identify any hardware issues. The hardware is Ryzen 7 CPU with Radeon RX 5700 XT video.

This does not happen in other games.

Ive read the articles on issues other have had in regards to adjusting the directX version, which i have already done, and it still seemed to happen. I also saw the one about setting the battlenet client to not use acceleration and to close after game start which i have also configured.

Any other advise on how to permanently resolve this?

Sounds like the drivers are soft-crashing and restarting maybe. Make sure you’re on the latest AMD drivers and that your Windows is on the latest build: 21H2.

Nvidia has some issues sometimes with this and it’s a known bug, but I’m not sure if AMD has similar issues or not, but your best bet is to make sure everything is up to date.

Thank for the reply, everything is fully patched, current version of video drivers and software and windows.
Probably should have mentioned that in the post, sorry.

A dxdiag would be the way we’d want to troubleshoot something like this.

i ran dxdiag last night and it produced no errors
Is there anything specific you are looking for in it ?

We ask for you to post it for a reason.

The errors do not show up when you simply run it.
Driver crashes and system instability show up at the very end of the report, but do no show up when you simply run the dxdiag.

Perhaps im misunderstanding the request, what exactly do you need me to run/do to provide this?

I am seeing a handful of these at the bottom of the export file if this is what you are referring to:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: 193
P2: 810
P3: ffff8e8f114f1000
P4: ffff8e8f1a390080
P5: 3d
P6: 10_0_19043
P7: 0_0
P8: 256_1
P9:
P10:

Directions here -

Yes i posted the only errors at the bottom of the file, is that not what you asked for?
no sarcasm just trying to make sure i understood the request.
That was the only error, it was repeated a handful of time.

The WHOLE dxdiag file.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.