MOGU Times were not That bad

Playing remix and doing the raids has been alot of fun. Replaying the storylines is always interesting. During the MOP raids the NPCs often speak of the mogu in a negative light which seems unwarranted.

Look at the great buildings and art. The great religion and spirituality that have enriched everyone. Elegon comes to mind.

Maybe its time for the panda to wake up and apologize to the mogu for talking bad about them. They should take time out of each day and thank a mogu for what they did for the pandaren.

1 Like

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times…

Mostly the worst, I think.

2 Likes

This looks like one of those weird “slavery is good” threads.

" Pandaren revolution

12,000 years ago, mogu emperors ruled Pandaria, keeping the gentle pandaren as their slaves"

5 Likes

The Mogu didn’t build anything though, it was the Pandaren slaves who did all the construction work.

You’re literally saying that you miss slavery.

2 Likes

No thats not what I’m saying. It definitely wasn’t perfect but the mogu and panda did some amazing things together.

Sure, thank the mogu for making the panderan slaves. Seems legit…

1 Like

“Together” is a very strong word to use here

It was a bit more, the pandas did it and they were killed/tortured/worse if they didn’t do it

Probably killed even if they did do it as well

1 Like

I think the Celestials took over after the Mogu fell and then it was religious and spiritual. :scroll::robot:

Even the decor was just the presence of the Thunder King. :zap::robot:

I’d say definitely killed. The mogu don’t seem like type to pat a panda on the back and give them an atta boy.

No ONLY the Pandaren did those things. Literally watch the 5.2 trailer. It was ALL the Pandaren who built those things.

The only “good” thing that came out of the Mogu regime, a 3,000 years long regime mind you, was Lei Shen’s act to unify the language, establish a single currency, and standardize weight and measures. And really, he only did these things because he obviously needed his slaves to understand his commands.

By the way, Lei Shen also created a code of laws that stated that the Mogu were supreme over all other races. So Yeah… you are literally praising slavers here.

Since you are praising slavers, I must ask: Are you also a Thrall/Rehgar Earthfury fanboy? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes of course we know the mogu enslaved the pandaren and forced them into unsafe dangerous labor but the pandaren needed strong leadership so it was more of a both sides problem.

2 Likes

I’m just saying it was probably one of those situations where both sides might be partially to blame.

Okay, explain to me how the slaves are responsible for being slaves without sounding like the worst type of person.

I’ll bet you’d be a hoot at NAACP meetings :dracthyr_sweat:

2 Likes

I know where they’d fit right in…

How’s the oppressed party partially to blame for their systemic, non-consensual oppression? In this specific case, of course, I won’t put you on the hook for some larger conversation. How’s this any fault of the Pandaren?

3 Likes

“Lei “Bedford Forest” Shen”
It is the natural state of the pandaren to be subroned into the bonded service of the Supperior Mogu race.

:dracthyr_sweat:
Holy hell that felt bad to write.
:dracthyr_sweat:

1 Like

Look at all of the trade skills the mogu taught the pandaran. They should grateful.

/s

1 Like