Modify the raid loot rules for duplicate item drops? Just an opinion

I’m curious if anyone has the same view on how loot rolls work for duplicate item drops off of a raid boss.

As it currently is, if two of the same items drop everyone rolls separate rolls for each item.

The only thing I don’t like about this is the fact that I roll higher than someone on a different roll for the same item, yet I still lose the item. For example;

The top roll on the first cloak was a 100. I was the second highest with a 92.
The top roll on the second cloak was an 85. I lost both cloaks.

Maybe it’s just me, but wouldn’t it make more sense to just give the duplicate item to the next highest roll instead of separating rolls for both items?

Just curious if anyone else gets a little frustrated from time to time for having such a high roll, just to lose to someone with a lower roll on the 2nd same item, yet still win it.

Its very frustrating but alas a roll on an item doesn’t take into account rolls on other items.

Just say your roll on item 1 became 2nd highest but higher than the 2nd top roll.

Would that be fair for that person to lose that item??

1 Like

The way the system is right now, no, because it’s top roll on two separate items and the highest roll on that second item would win it anyway.

But if there was a way to just collect all the rolls on two items and just go by the highest two rolls instead of two separate rolls on two items (and 3 same items like final boss tier token, etc).

Idk, I guess it’s just a bummer when you roll higher than than someone on the same item, yet lose it because there are two different sets of rolls feels crappy :frowning: