Mobs damaging 3+ times in one hit?

It’s not. I’ve seen upwards of 5 standard auto-attack hits.

Mobs have a multi-attack but this isn’t it. You can watch their attack animations while Frost Nova’d and out of range - or just being kited and out of range but when they get in range all attacks are applied.

Been going on since the beta.

3 Likes

Happens often while kiting things, they seem to be queueing up multiple auto attacks and all hitting at once when they get in range. Doesn’t seem limited to known flurry mobs.

Uh huh. Check your combat log after and see how it counted the attacks.

On-screen combat is misleading. For example, spell misses show up as “resist” on screen, but resist is an entirely different check.

getting hit for 80% of my hp in one (many) swing learning bear form was fun
I’ve noticed all sorts of mobs doing this.

2 Likes

Can confirm, I’ve had this happen on my hunter many times. Kiting is broken when they can store up hits while wing clipped or under concussion shot.

What mobs have you been kiting? I’ve been kiting the elite blue dragons and the elite demons in Winterspring and have not experienced this behavior, even when running in to wing clip them.

Happened to me several times with raptors in the barrens, in the field behind Ratchet.

It was only that one day, in that one spot. I’m not sure what it’s all about.

I should note that I don’t let my pet tank, and use distracting shot whenever my pet gets aggro, so I’m kiting pretty much every mob I fight.

The most well known example would probably be Princess in Mara. Now, this isn’t known to be a mob with windfury mechanics, but it is common knowledge that after kiting her she will usually 5 hit you when you get back in range, resulting in a 1 shot for anyone below 2k hp.

This could be a change to discourage farming, but it doesn’t work anyways so I don’t know why it’s in the game. Additionally, if this isn’t a vanilla ability it is a bug for her to have that mechanic, intended or not. Any mechanic not specifically put in the original game needs to be clearly announced and explained as to why it’s necessary.

No changes.

Edit: by the very nature of the fight, even if she did have a windfury mechanic, she’s bugged because the fight involves her not being able to attack or be attacked for a period of time. If the mechanic is indeed intended, it’s being abused by the mob

Edit edit: I have confirmed Princess has no windfury mechanics and therefore she is bugged and all the other reports we have are valid

She has Thrash, but that’s just 2 extra attacks. I think mobs are doing something weird where they are storing normal attacks, too. That’s why Princess is going apesh*t when she gets kited.

1 Like

If you kite long enough you’ll get hit x5. I haven’t seen reports of more than 5 hits so I don’t know what that’s about. Also that this is happening with NPCs all over the game world. So basically kiting longer=more stored attacks

Confirmed. Princess in Mara hit me 5 times in one animation after I tried to taunt her from kited by OT hunter.

Also the fire elements in BRD can hit the tank with 3K HP from full HP to 20% with one attack animation. Emperor can do so.

I think it is not only classic’s bug. I have heard some report that some bosses in retailer can kill player with multi-damages by trigger only once.

I see that, but when I double check it against WoWhead Princess isn’t listed as having that ability

Even if she did, 5 hits makes no mathematical sense. 1+2 = 3 not 5

wow.game pedia. com/Princess_Theradras_(tactics)

Thrash is listed here. Agreed. It makes no sense why she’s hitting 5 times. I’m thinking it’s 3 “stored” attacks from the bug and thrash.

I’ve experienced this as well. Gone from almost full hp to less than half in one attack animation before when a mob decided to hit me 5-6 times at once.

Sunscale Scytheclaws

What this sounds like and I’m almost certain of it, is that this is a bug with Thrash specifically.

It seems as if mobs are able to stack Thrash. The buff itself is hidden so there’s no way for us to confirm, but if they’re stacking Thrash it would allow them to unleash all stacks in one attack, allowing for 6+ hits instantly.

Has there been any official/GM response to this? I’d love to farm Princess but I’m currently unable to because of this bug.

20 days on and not one word.
Dunno why people are still supporting this piece of crap tbh

Confirmed this is a bug with thrash: I was able to stack thrash on a mind controlled Dire Maul ogre today, then one shot a passing horde player.

5 Likes

Princess Theradras just one-shot me with about 7 melees simultaneously when I got close enough while a hunter friend was kiting her. WTF is this???