MOBA style battleground progression

After the Plunderstorm event, it gave some perspective on how progression and power levels work in PvP. I personally dont feel like the battle royal style of power growth worked well for WoW, however i do think the MOBA style would. Considering MOBAS were developed from Warcraft 3, and World of Warcraft is also essentially a Warcraft 3 mod, logically the progression system would fit.

Like in plunderstorm, entering lobby you can see other players around you and use the NPC to sign up for random battleground. You would have access to every talent point available and a base ilvl of 400.

Theres also a transmogifier there. Items earned in retail can be used to transmog equipment here.

Each match rewards experience to level which is gradually gained through time or by kills / objectives to a maximum of level 10.

The currency in each match is honor which can be used to purchase buffs for the match which take up a slot. These buffs can be merged into stronger buffs to enhance your character. A max of 6 buffs can be held at any one time. Buffs in your slots can be sold for a reduced amount.

You can preselect the buffs in the lobby before entering a match so that it prioritises purchasing that buff.

Buffs include things like primary stats, % on secondary stats, movement speed bonuses, cooldown bonuses etc

All characters enter the battleground with x honor. There could be an honor vendor in the BG spawn location which shifts to graveyard, or no vendor at all and can purchase buffs anywhere on the map with a shop UI. It just depends on how balancing works with certain maps like WSG or AB

Honor is rewarded with time with experience. A maximum of 10 levels can be gained in the match which adds to base stats. Once match finishes, your level is reset back to 1 in the lobby.

Progression is horizontal with wins leading to higher ranks matching you in pools with players of similar level like Overwatch.

How about no

And bgs are to dead in this game for anything like that to work.

With neck beard one word response answers like that, it’s no wonder its dead lmao

The point of this suggestion is to breathe new life into a game mode which is mostly ignored because it has seen zero innovation to make it into an engaging mode with horizontal progression systems.

If you were to take the Plunderstorm lobby system and tweak it into a battleground queue zone along with MOBA in game progression systems, you are able to balance the game system around PvP.

Instead of arbitrary nymbers of haste, mastery etc you can implament flat % modifiers

I’m gonna ahead and agree with the: No.

Gotta adapt and innovate

Plunderstorm was introduced and it was a mixed bag of responses.

I didnt particularly like it because items were totally random and felt more like a game of luck. But i did appreciate the fact they were trying something new for PvP.

At least with MOBA match progression systems, you can pick and choose buffs that inherently increase the power level of your character depending on how YOU want to make it.

Its a level playing field at the start without the reliance of having to grind for gear which is honestly a huge turn off for most players, but you still feel the power level increase as you aquire buffs in the match.