MM PVE is fae the only choice?

Is night fae the only real option for pve? How much am I gimping myself by playing kyrian. Hunter has been my main since shadowlands started, but I pretty much missed this tier due to IRL stuff. I want to be able to take pve seriously next patch due to the leggo bow so want to know if kyrian is realistically an option for heroic raiding.

1 Like

NF pulls ahead of Kyrian by a significant amount of any kind of fight with multiple adds just due to the nature of the ability.

The difference between Kyrian and NF isn’t going to be a huge deal, especially if you’re just doing heroic raiding. Even for M+ there are plenty of higher tier players that run Kyrian, having a short cooldown burst as well as the kyrian phial is very useful.

I’d say stick with Kyrian if that is what you prefer.

2 Likes

If you’re only concerned with heroic raiding or +15 m+ and nothing beyond you can play any class, any spec, any covenant, and any combination of these and be fine.

Will you be at a disadvantage? Sometimes. In your case I don’t think it will be a big deal. Though it looks like BM might be giving MM a run for it’s money soon depending on balance changes.

The biggest reason to be a meta slave is if you’re primarily a pug player. Community perception will always be a larger issue than the actual merit of any one factor.

If you have a core group of people or guild to play with or plan on finding that, play whatever you want. I would really just decide based on community perception vs. preferred playstyle as it related to pugging/community perception vs. core group of people to play with.

Take those things into account in your situation because you’ll have more success making your own informed decision rather than following someone else’s simple rubric. Cheers.

3 Likes

Night Fae and Kyrian sim pretty close right now and perform to a similar level in M+. However, due to fight design in Castle Nathria, Night Fae takes a big lead in there on multiple fights. Kyrian holds its own on fights with frequent adds that need to be bursted down, but is behind on everything else.

This might change in Sanctum of Domination. From the testing that has been done so far, it felt like Kyrian had the better timings, though a lot of the cleave it can do was meaningless, the adds being a very low priority. But there’s still too much we don’t know about to declare a winner just yet. We still don’t know what our covenant legendaries will do for one. Right now I’d call it 50-50.

This is so true.

3 Likes

You’re fine continuing with Kyrian, even up into the cutting edge. The top IOs already favor Kyrian, and there’s a decent chance are the Great Push will feature even more Kyrian over Night Fae due to Phial.

Moreover, the choice isn’t going to impact you too much prior to 15s or so, unless you’ve got a ridiculously bursty and ballsy group (in which case it skews towards NF due to encounter length). In smaller, more regular pulls, even Necrolord isn’t too big a burden, and can almost unlock some other avenues of play, such as Calling the Shots.

You are fine. I went nerolord coz I like the transmog and also having that shield have have save me so many times. Unlike a mage or a druid else shammy, lock or even a shadow priest we don’t have any good self heal, good armor.
When playing my shadow priest or boomy if I ever need a heal I can easily heal myself if needed and with shammy. Mage got ice block and alter time. Lock got pretty good armor and drain life or they can scrafice their dmeon to save their own a$$. We as hunter for a long CD to heal ourselves, turtle is also on a long CD and it doesn’t heal you. Mend pet does very little healing to us. Havinf a shield really help.