MM deserves a repair discount or refund

Blizzard this is honestly stealing from the customer base now - the repair costs for bows is getting outrageous after this patch. Rapid fire depleting bow durability like crazy.

I’m not even joking this is a horrible bug - Get it fixed and give MM back some refunding. I’ve spent like 1000g on repair this week for the %$Ding bow.

5 Likes

It’s not a bug. It was also a problem during WOD for a number of specs relating to multistrike (mostly rogues with daggers). But it’s part of just blizzard’s durability calculations.

it is most definitely a bug for rapid fire to consume durability faster than every other ability, and the wind arrows of a talent which are a random proc and entirely unrelated to a GCD press to also consume durability

1 Like

Because durability has nothing in common with :

1. GCDs used
  2. Buttons pressed

It triggers off what wow clients considers to be weapon attacks (not necessarily auto attacks), which is why for example in WoD multistrike would drastically increase the speed with which your weapon durability would drop in fights. Fan of Knives from rogues would also count each hit as a separate attack and would similarly melt durability.

Another example is that successful blocks (due to shield) also drain shield durability a lot faster despite not being an ability nor a gcd.

There are a few relics of vanilla wow design still left in the system and this is one of them. I’m sure that it would be possible for blizzard to re-write the code for rapid fire / wind arrows to not trigger it, but it’s not a bug as it stands.

the obvious design intent is that combat durability is meant to decrease primarily from deaths, not from regular combat. And roughly equally across classes/specs/armor types etc. Mages dont lose all their durability in 1 death while warriors can take 10. its roughly equal.

MM is the only spec in the game that suffers from weapon durability problems in regular combat, without deaths. It is an obvious outlier. It is unintended behavior. Its a bug.

Even if you want to die on this random hill for no reason and say its not a bug. It doesnt change the fact that it should be changed. Because it should be, obviously.

6 Likes

Should it be changed ? Yes, because it’s bad design.
Is it a bug ? No, just because something works the way you don’t like , doesn’t make it a bug.

1 Like

When it behaves in a very unexpected way, it’s a bug. Fury of the eagle doesn’t rapidly degrade melee weapons for survival. Fist of fury doesn’t rapidly degrade weapon durability for monks. It’s a bug.

6 Likes

Pretty borderline argument between “unintended design result” and “bug” here.

Either way, it doesn’t seem to be a well designed interaction.

1 Like

No other attack with multiple separately calculated strikes has a proportional increase to gold value in durability loss.

Rampage, Raging Strike, Whirlwind, Fury of the Eagle, Mutiliate, Stormstrike, etc., all have that same mechanic yet no increase to durability loss.

If no other skill with the exact same reason for the outcome shares that same outcome, then yes, it’s a bug.

1 Like

That splits between MH and OH.
FoK had that same effect.
Multistrike had the same effect.

I don’t know about the code for classes i don’t play, so can’t comment on others. But rogues had that exact issue.

Except splitting the cost isn’t the same as increasing it sixfold. The repair cost for a 1h weapon is roughly half that of a 2h, no?

Yeah, the speed at which MM loses durability is utterly ridiculous. No other class has this issue to this extent.

1 Like

Mutilate doesn’t drain mainhand twice as fast because it splits it between mh and oh draining both a bit faster.

And yes, rogues could go through ±40% weapon durability in a single boss pull.

You’re not getting my point.

If a two-hander has simply twice the repair cost of an equal-ilvl one-hander, then every two-handed strike consumes as much gold cost in durability as each strikes that uses both weapons. Whereas if a DWer’s skill were to use only the mainhand, you’d effectively be paying only half as much in gold cost from use of active skills. You’re, in effect, complaining about not getting a discount.

Now compare that to how when weapon skill A uses a five-strike hit, it drains their weapon’s / weapons’ durability a total of once, weapon skill B uses a nine-strike hit, it drains their weapon’s / weapons’ durability a total of once, and yet weapon skill C uses a seven- or fourteen-strike hit, it drains their weapon’s durability a total of seven or fourteen times.

And do they now? For what reason are you treating that as a reason Rapid Fire should consume up to fourteen times as much durability as any other multi-strike action?

I mean, i would say that if you can read, you’d read an answer to your question.

If literally every other multi-strike action still in the game right now —not in WoD, not in WotLK, but now— does not increase the amount one would have to spend on repairs relative to any single-strike action right now, the sole outlier is almost certainly a bug.

So why would you go on a 4-post tangent about split durability (which did not and does not even increase gold costs rendered through durability lost relative to using a single two-hander for those weapon-based GCD skills) about how things worked in the past when Rapid Fire neither existed nor procced double its shots at that time?

It’s purely contrarian “achktsually” BS. Whether something is a bug or not would depend on its present context. If there are 100 things that work in manner X, and all but one has proportional outcome Y that has no explicit nor salvageable explanation, then the outlier’s outcome is a bug.

It should be changed. It is, right now, an outlier, not just in outcome but in the way that outcome is generated, making it very clearly a bug. Why would you not leave it at that?

When one instead fixates on an irrelevant non-net-cost-increasing mechanic that does not have, today, remotely the impact for which they’ve noted that mechanic, it’s reasonable to assume their motive probably has nothing to do with constructive context or insights.

2 Likes

“should it be changed ? yes”
MMMM. your motives, so mysterious, so many possibly meanings behind that phrase, one could truly wonder what that yes means.

Wasnt the original rule that in rated or pvp in general gear wasnt supposed to suffer durability loss. I swear ive read that before.

Yep found it.

h
t
t
p
s
://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Durability#:~:text=You%20will%20not%20lose%2010,the%20death%20is%20due%20to

This still needs to be addressed one way or the other. Give us indestructible on bows at least in MM spec or something. Add something to the rapid fire and multishot that makes it not an autoattack - this is a direct classist issue that needs to be addressed.

this is what should be worked on instead of Plunderstorm style events. Help you customer base already.

1 Like

durability adds nothing to the game

1 Like