Mistweaver sucks

I just want nullifying shroud is all blizz please I have to be in range too, and a little more throughput, swear solos are just dpsing through my healing these days

In my experience so far. Fistweaving feels amazing in raids, but horrible in mythic dungeons. This is because mythic dungeons require on demand burst aoe healing. The only spells in our toolkit that can do this is Renewal and that’s on a 3min cd. We are missing a high mana cost burst aoe spell that has no cooldown. All the other healers in the game have this except for us. Blizz. Please. Fix the spec.

1 Like

The OP is spot on if you look at statistics.

How many MW are in the top arena?

How many MW are in the top 100 heals in raid?

What is the ratio of MW completing M20+ keys?

6 Likes

I miss sl mw.
Df mw feels super weak in mplus.

3 Likes

I think losing fallen order is a big part of why all of this feels kind of bad. We lost a huge CD to alternate with crane in high damage situations. sheilun’s is a nice start in adding some burst healing to the kit but we’re still really lacking another 2 minute big CD. I also think Sheilun’s needs to be instant. For it to gain power there’s already a time constraint in waiting for clouds. All that said, tuning and changes have been trending in the right direction. I just hope we see more.

2 Likes

Only complaints I have is how fast we run out of mana. I have to min max mana hard during boss fights.

Mw are secretly the best at single target tank healing and raid healing.

Single target. Soothing mist>thunder focus tea>enveloping mist> vivify> vivify> vivify

It just has a higher skill ceiling, ^ that’s our single target while other classes cast 1 spell for single target. Nothing is better than 40% healing buff from EM to the talent that stacks more % healing and less mana while soothing mist is activated. Vivify during this is so crazy stong it’s overkill and does way more healing than you would ever need. 40% buff +15%+30%+45% on spammed instant casts. The only thing that holds you back is mana. I healed sunking like a god with that legendary that is now a talent.

Monks are also best at raid healing. Essence font, refreshing jade wind, vivify basically has 2 or 3 becons of lights at all times but if the person is topped off it switches to the lowest in range. Secret infusion has me at 40% crit which then make chi wave pretty potent for 0 mana. Enveloping breath is realky good tgis expac. Revival is also way strongetlr than most give credit. It’s biggest advantage is being able to cast it while flipping through the air. It’s instant. I stack crit and use secret infusjon to get my crit as high as possible before using it. Revival either crits no one or the whole raid. If it crits you just cast 30 lay on hands. So many aoe heals. It’s just harder to play.

Also, fistweaving is a joke.

1 Like

I think people don’t realize how much hps a tears build actually throws out.

4 Likes

We do, the problem is the mana, not the healing.

Sheilun is coming on 10.0.5 which is a low mana cost burst aoe spell that has no cooldown but requires cloud stacking. It heals for a lot.
The downside it’s not a smart heal, but it’ll prioritize target so even if one bolt of sheilun goes to the tank we are topping another guy. so 2 people will get topped 100%. Sheilun is going to be used mostly on “oh sh*t” situations so I think being semi smart is not going to be that much of a problem but we’ll see.

I’ll give a try 10.0.5 changes. They look promising.
These last buffs felt good and on top of 10.0.5 it’s gonna feel way better.

Revival buff in dungeons and Sheilun are huge.
Zen pulse buffs seem very promising for dungeons too.
And faeline QoL changes are big too.

we’ll see

1 Like

i’m thinking maybe it’s just you.

1 Like

Would be kinda neat if they offered an additional choice node for Sheilun’s Gift that gave us the option to talent into things like making it instant cast, castable during SooM, or affect 1-2 additional targets. They could put it below Shaohao/Veil or branching directly from Sheilun.

1 Like

why people want sheilung instant so bad?
with 20% haste which is fairly easy to get it’s a 1.6s cast.

I think it’s fine. I mean I don’t mind if they make it instant doring SooM but really the cast time of the spell is not a problem, at least not in PvE

1 Like

I wish it was 0 mana like back in legion. But now it heals 3 people so it’s a fair trade off I guess.

Of the very few people complaining about the cast time almost all of them have very low haste. ( One of the main complainers on the PTR posts about Sheilun’s was running 3% haste and had previously stated they planned to stack crit way past DR )

Most MW monk wont have much of an issue with the cast time in PVE though. Just the few people running odd stat budgets that put them very low on haste. Either way, with a bit of foresight even with no haste you can time it with scripted mechanics. So it’s a non issue in PVE.

Id rather it be useable while moving, than for it to be instant cast or soo insta cast tbh. At the end of the day Im just happy it is coming back :3

It costs 2.5% mana after the last buff so it actually is very cheap for the heal it does. So that’s good.

1 Like

Sheilun having a cast time is ok, so long as monk has one instant spell they can reliably cast on the move. I think that should be Vivify.

It solves the taking away of BDB, allows us to buy time in critical moments until we can safely cast Sheilun.

IDK why you keep trying to mention me? What i was originally trying to do included tons of haste, it wasnt possible with the DF nerfs. You’re nearly 400ilvl and barely pushing +12 and you certainly arent doing better than me, so quit trying to trash talk me.

The cast time is not an issue. 2 seconds is not that long, but I always strive for 0% haste. Mana is an issuse for MW monk and haste is the only stat that requires more mana for more throughput. If mana was no issuse haste woud be the best stat. Crit, vers, and mastery all increase throughput without using more mana. This is why I personally avoid haste.

1 Like

Only if you abuse Env Mist or EF without any foresight or dont spend GCD’s regenning mana, or like the other person above me trying to compare logs
sit there vivifying the entire raid and soomisting.

I think you should take a look at your own pathetic logs before going there aha. If you compare us there is a very big difference between the amt you put out and how much I have been, how active you are, your choice of spells, uptime of those spells, etc, but I doubt you even know how to use logs like that. From looking at both of our logs one could see that I could easily do more if I wanted, and that you would struggle more due to your choices during a fight, but I dont care about any of that because Ive been playing this game long enough to know it doesnt matter and that it’s more fun to play with the new friends Ive met instead of go off and pug it all myself. I dont think anyone in this guild even raidlogs. So dont go there, because the logs actually dont paint you in a good picture if you still wanted to compare them. Sure you have ONE more kill on me, but you could have literally been dropped for a dps and no one would have batter an eye most of your logs, they probably would have done better.

Ive mentioned before that I am pushing one level per week to not burn myself out, and that I am also raiding with new people, this week is 12’s, last week was 11’s. I have no need nor no desire to rush or prove myself to someone like you who constantly makes bad MW takes.

You’re also the one who keeps complaining about MW and various issues that aren’t really even issues if you play correctly. It’s true that most people who are upset about the 2 sec CD are either not playing right and cant time stuff in scripted PVE or they dont have any haste, or both. But if the shoe fits :man_shrugging: The only people who should arguably be upset are the pure PVP monks who lost BDB

This is all fine and dandy till you realize that more haste = more actions per min which means more SOTC mana regen also, esp in raids when downtime is a thing because you can burn and then regen once you know the fights better. But like you said:

mw is great; build issue, skill issue

1 Like

umm. I don’t fist weave. Mana is probably not an issue at all for that playstyle, you are right.

1 Like