Mists of Pandaria remix rp

Just because it can be fun building bonds by doing an expansions worth of storyline together I was wondering if there are any rping guilds thinking of running through this as “remembering when we did this” where they make new characters they plan to keep and taking them into War Within, keeping the stories they did during the remix as having happened to them. I wonder if there may be tie-ins between the expansions - why did Blizzard choose this specific one ?

1 Like

I adore this idea and might try it myself. Will be watching the thread to see if any RP guilds are considering it as I would not mind to find a guild to call home ^^

Imagine playing out this - Reliquary members who uncover dark secrets of the sha and wish to pursue the knowledge. They are scolded by their superiors who happen to be working out of Dalaran. They are told dark magic corrupts and only the pure arcane can be trusted as the noblest of energies. Then Theramore happens followed by the purge of Dalaran. Infuriated by what they see as the hypocrisy of their superiors and no longer fearing studying void powers as any powers can become horrors when used inappropiately they start to increase their studies in secret.

You could even play blood elves then later remake the characters as Void elves, or say that the void elf character is their new chosen name after discarding their original name after being exiled, just make it easy to see the connection between the two.

The new War Within zones take place just off the coast of Pandaria, so we’ll likely be starting there before we head on out to explore them. It’s been a hot minute since we’ve focused on anything distinctly Pandarian (BfA N’Zoth Assults aside), so they’re probably starting off there to acquaint new and old players with the content.

1 Like

I am planning to do a lot of RP in this mode with new characters, and also will be rerolling a few characters just for this mode as they are kind of still low level anyways, so be remaking them in this mode it will allow me to level them up faster, and in a more fun way too.

The guild I am in is cross faction and cross realm, and we kind of play into shifting between timeways for our own personal fun. Playing in this mode we will have some characters that existed during that timeline that will be shifted into our reality and timeline, but some of our characters (like the ones I am remaking) will shift into that timeline…level up in it, and then shift back into our timeline.

I have a few characters that I am reserving specifically to level up with others in a TTRPG like setting in the sense that we only level those characters up together. This mode seems like a lot of fun, and will be around for a couple of months, so having one or two days a week dedicated to a specific character group with friends seems like one fun way of enjoying this mode.

Currently still looking for more for those groups.

First group is all Pandaren, and those specifically on the quest towards becoming full Shado Pan.

Second group is an all Zandalari group. RPing in MoP as Zandalari seems like a lot of fun.

The idea that your new character gets to do Mists but did not experience Shadowlands has a nice feel :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I already have a name picked out and an RP character I will eventually write due to this! I’ve been thinking about it for a while actually.

1 Like