Missing transmogs from quest; confused about how this works

At some point, on this toon I completed the quest called Tiger Mastery. It was probably back when hunters wore leather until level 40, but I am not certain. This is my only toon that has completed the quest (I checked them all).

On this toon I have the appearance for the mail feet, Footpads of Sin’Dall. On my leather-wearing toons I have the appearance for the leather feet, Paws of Sin’Dall.

My clothie toon would very much like to use the appearance of the cloth vest reward from the quest, Cat Lover’s Vest. But it is not available in her collection. It shows it is available from a “quest” (it’s this one), and indeed my clothie never did the quest.

I thought that when we completed a quest on one toon, our account got the appearances of all the rewards for that quest, even if the toon that completed the quest was the wrong class to use a particular reward; was I confused about that? If so, then answer me this: my mace-wielding toons have the appearance for Sin’Dall’s Femur. My hunter can’t use that appearance, so why did my mace-wielding toons get the appearance?

I believe you would only get appearances useable by that character when completing the quest. But, you would earn all useable appearances even if you did not select that specific item as your reward. So if you had three useable items by that class offered with the quest, and chose one, you would get all three appearances.

The other items you mention have “same model as” items in Wowhead. Maybe you learned those other appearances on the relevant classes with a different item that has the same appearance? Typically you can search the appearance by any of its names in the search bar and it would appear.

2 Likes

Simple solution, can your cloth-wearing toon not just do the associated quest to unlock the transmog?

1 Like

Yes, I’ll just send my clothie in to get her own mog reward. It’s deep in a storyline and I believe I’ll have to start at the beginning, but I’ve always enjoyed STV so no great hardship.