Missing the Recruit a Friend Tab in the Social Window

I’m trying to send a recruit a friend link, but when I’m in game I don’t seem to have that tab. I tried resetting my UI to no avail. My account is not new and I am on a current 6 month plan. Is there something else I can try or is there another way to send a link outside of the game? Also, if we go ahead and make a starter account to play while this is resolved, is there still a 7 day grace period?

9 Likes

Was Googling this as I just realized this too. I have two friends on my RAF and now the tab is just gone. Hoping I don’t miss out on the rewards, was looking forward to them…

3 Likes

Same issue here.

In-game notification pointing to my Friends List says “You have unlocked a new Recruit A Friend reward,” but the RaF tab is gone.

4 Likes

Same issue as well, I have people recruited but I don’t see the tab at all, but it was there yesterday before the new update. So, I am hopeful there isn’t anything wrong on any of our ends and our RAFs are still fine and working, but the tab somehow broke during the update.

3 Likes

same thing here

2 Likes

Same here - annoying.

1 Like

Please report bugs in Bug Report

I reported it, but is there a work around? Is in-game the only way to send a RAF?

The folks in Customer Support might know of another way. We mostly deal with crashing and disconnecting in tech support, not UI or account stuff.

Bug report’s been timing out for me since realms went live.

Having served time in customer service elsewhere, I really feel for the CSRs this week. Nods Mostly I’m here to say ‘yep me too, bug report times out’.

GL to everyone dealing with this.

You can actually work around this by whispering the person you are trying to recruit. When the whisper chat is open, type /raf and the recruit box will open. then proceed as normal

7 Likes

I don’t work at Blizzard, but I’m sure they appreciate the sentiment.

I recommended the Bug Report because it is the most direct path in the forum to developer eyes.

1 Like

Thank you. It was a good work around.

It’s got to be game wide, so far everyone is having the problem and I even tried removing all my addons and the app, going in the game files to create a new file but nothing still. I think this is a game issue that Blizz needs to fix.

Very nice, TYVM.

Now let’s hope the ability to recruit new friends is returned to us soon.

I also removed all my addons, renamed the cache, interface, and wtf folders, and reset with the console commands. Now I have tutorial tooltips everywhere even though I turned off tutorials again, but I still don’t have the RAF tab.

same thing here, hope this get fixed soon

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.