Missing the AQ War Effort

Don’t need an uberguild. 100% of what will be needed has been known since day 1. We have had almost a year to prep for this.

I’ve got 3 character spots dedicated to runecloth bandages. I don’t farm, but just mail myself whatever I happened to find.

1 Like

Would be awesome, imo. All the “World First” clout chasers would lose their marbles.

1 Like

Get good or get left behind. :woman_shrugging:

We still don’t know. Blizzard hasn’t said one way or the other about the items. They may be the same, they may change them. People are just guessing right now.

During the AMA they stated they were not changing anything. Wanted to keep it as close to the original plan as possible. Can’t unwind 15 years of knowledge. Nature of the beast and all that. But ya. Same mats, same amounts.

I didn’t get that at all. They did not explicitly say they weren’t changing it, unless I missed that part. Do you have a link to them saying that?

Seems pretty clear to me.

as a level 10, I think you won’t see anything either way

Thanks for finding that, I hadn’t seen it before and didn’t find it when I poked around looking.

Personally, I think that’s a shame. It’s just going to be another tiny bump in the road while everyone speeds ahead and doesn’t have time to enjoy the war effort. It was quite an event back in the day, now it will be barely noticed.

You say negative way, I say positive way. The gates opening sooner mean that guilds can gear people up for the next phase of the game sooner, which is better for everyone. The gates staying closed so that a small % of players can get their mount, is bad for the majority of the playerbase.

Which is an incredibly self centered way of looking at it. The raid is coming, no matter what. And when it is open it is not going away. The event itself is a one time deal, never to be repeated on the server.

How is that remotely better for “everyone”?

:man_facepalming:
The vast majority of those doing turnins and doing the quests just want to experience the entire event. Abbreviating it for the sake of a handful of selfish guilds is what is “bad”.

You’ve got a seriously backward zoomer way of looking at this.

2 Likes

And they have the opportunity to do as such. They know what they need, whom to give it to, and when to turn it in. So if experiencing this is that important, then those who wish to do so should plan accordingly.

If the event is only going to last two weeks on your server, make sure you log in during that time.

Ya. Would have been interesting to have something new, but I honestly don’t trust the current team to accomplish that.

2 Likes

I agree with you and the other people who wish that the turn ins were able to happen organically like before. The reality is it would be unfair to those (guilds) who collected everything in advance for the gate opening.

The best option for those of us to care is to have the mats on hand now and turn them in the second the servers come up, up to possibly using target macros etc to do so. That’s what I’m doing. Sadly, the OP will be too late most likely.

People who care about this have largely been criticized, by the way, as some think everyone should just be grateful to those guilds who have everything on hand to turn in on their 44 bank alts.

I’m excited for the new raid too but I’d rather the gate opening be more of a Vanilla experience. It won’t be and that’s just the way it is. Those who only like raiding in the game can get right back to raid logging.

Strongly disagree with you. Guess that’s the great thing about opinions.

Also. How is what is better for the large majority of players being self-centered?

Admit you are just upset that you won’t be able to get the mount.

Nah, they were gambling that Blizzard would keep the turnins the same. Like any gamble there’s a chance it wouldn’t pan out. They’d still have the items and could sell them off, making some money in the process since they were just going to give them to an NPC anyways.

I’d call that fair enough!

They’ve already farmed the raw materials needed…

There’s no point in even trying.

This is what makes me sad. :[ I just wanted to try and help in the war effort but it seems it might not be much of a server event anymore.

Yes it sucks that you’re not around right away. Who cares what other people have collected, you could do that part anyway, but you’re not going to be around. :frowning:

I want to do turn ins. But I can’t because it sounds like they’ll be done ASAP.

I heard it gives good rep and commendations which is pretty cool. Something I looked forward too since Classic was announced.

Oh for sure I get what you’re saying, I want to participate in that too. I’m going to be around so it’s not as much of an issue for me.

When I said “Who cares what other people collected” I meant it is irrelevant that guilds have collected everything. Any player who wants to turn stuff in should do so regardless of what the guilds have.