Missing the AQ War Effort

Hello all,

I’ll be out of town from the 28th-30th. Will I miss the AQ War effort turn in opportunities? Its the main reason I came to play Classic as it was very iconic to me.

Is there a server that will be slower that maybe I can reroll to. Thank you.

Unfortunately there are guilds that will monopolize the turnins, making the average players miss out on them.

Dang. I remember the effort lasting on some realms for a while.

Yeah that’s because people didn’t really know what to turn in when the patch it. You can’t recreate that same feeling without changing the massive list of material turn ins.

If you’re only gone for 2 days, You should still have opportunities to participate in the effort. It takes a minimum of a raid-reset for the gates to open.

You can do the turn ins to your factions even after the gates open, if you are concerned about reputation.

They can participate in the event in Silithus but they might miss the chance to turn in materials.

I don’t think the NPCs stick around in order to take in surplus supplies.

3 Likes

Modern players do not waste an opportunity to ruin things.

1 Like

the commendation officers (these guys are already in the game) stick around but the war effort quests (not yet in the game) stop accepting materials once their limit is reached. two different steps to the war effort - one sticks around and the other doesnt:

1. turn in raw material, receive commendation signets and supplies crates
    e.g. https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=8527/the-alliance-needs-more-roast-raptor
    this contributes to the war effort total and these quests stop being offered once the limit (roast raptor = 20,000, for example) is reached. you have to turn in your raw materials before the limit is reached.
  2. turn in commendation signets, receive more supplies crates or reputation. these quests stick around after the war effort. you can turn in your signets anytime.

there is a good explanation of the war effort materials and quests by Neryssa over at wowhead https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/ahnqiraj-war-effort

1 Like

Kinda like ruining peoples ability to do as many dungeons as they want each day huh?

Thanks for the correction! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here, let me lead you through the difference:
One is a game manufacturer making an adjustment for the welfare of the game.
The other is a group of players doing something that directly affects the game in a negative way for the majority of players.

HTH.

1 Like

Can anyone give a good estimate as to how long it might take to do the turn-ins?

From the sounds of it a day or two :[

I mean I guess so if people are already prepared but not every server is gonna have these highly dedicated guilds rushing it.

1 Like

What if they did exactly that but didn’t tell us?

Sooner the gates are open the better. Looking for a new raid to clear!

1 Like

How many or what servers do you think will take some time to complete?

Every server under high unless they have some random hardcore guild on it which is probably unlikely.

Don’t need an uberguild. 100% of what will be needed has been known since day 1. We have had almost a year to prep for this.

I’ve got 3 character spots dedicated to runecloth bandages. I don’t farm, but just mail myself whatever I happened to find.

1 Like