Missing textures on players and NPCs

missing textures on player models and NPCs. faces have textures, but hair and rest of the body are black blank textures, models also have no eyes.

22 Likes

Hello, Angelos. Thank you for the report. Did you log in while it was streaming? Or was this right at realms up?

I’m having the same issue, and it’s been happening in both the PTR and Shadowlands beta as well for weeks/months.

5 Likes

its been a persistent issue since PTR, same for live realms. *logged in when servers finally came up

2 Likes

been trying to log in after finally getting to the toon selection screen is all black no toons and no background!!!

1 Like

I reported this issue on beta as well. Oof. Hope it gets a fix! No eyes and black hair/body

5 Likes

I would try switching from dx12 to dx11 in the settings. That might solve the issue. Also, make sure the game is past “optimal” in patch download.

2 Likes

Same issue since PTR. Thought perhaps it would get fixed before release?

already have everything downloaded, and tried dx 11 on PTR since i cant log into retail, so far still empty textures. game runs fine for FPS but sucks i can’t see any of the new customizations at all, tattoos / markings show up, faces show up, but no eyes or hair and a lot of skin/fur is missing on models replaced by blank black textures. maybe it’ll work on retail but ill have to try later when login servers are up and running.

2 Likes

I want to add to this, I’ve had this issue on PTR and reported it too but assumed it would be fixed by launch. I still have it and I can’t find any fix. I really hope they solve it soon.

2 Likes

This has been happening to me too, it started on SL Beta where I reported it, and now its happening on live since prepatch. I’ve tried using the other DirectX options to no avail. Really hope a solution for this comes quick.

4 Likes

im having these issues since beta, then in PTR and now i have it no live too. did lots of bug reports.
fun bug, naked gnomes are completely black, they look just like mickey mouse.

2 Likes

black screen no toons in any realms I’m up to date on all patch’s

black screen no toons in any realms I’m up to date on all patch’s

Thank you for the reports, everyone.

Let’s go ahead and grab a DxDiag so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde ( ~ ) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

I updated my gpu driver, clean install, and tried a repair on the PTR, adjusted graphics settings every which way and nothing seemed to fix the issue.

Here ya go!

https:/ / pastebin . com/Z9kjxFeq

I have also had this Issue. Its been posted on the PTR forms and general shadow lands beta forms. here is a link to one such post.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/edit-made-it-to-live-build-player-character-graphics-bug/652440

I’m having the same issue on live servers and have been since PTR. All of my drivers are updated, running NVIDIA GeForce GTX960.

1 Like

there you go
pastebin .com/jz92iRmm