Mining Spell Missing - from professions journals *Bug*

So it appears that some people including my self are randomly missing the mining pick icon in the professions journal
its a spell that reads.

“spell [Mining]
5 yd range
3.2 sec cast
Gather ore and other minerals from deposits for use in Engineering, Blacksmithing, and Jewelcrafting.”

i have 2 that are missing it

Aquaeyes-Ner’zhul
Atazoth-Kil’jaeden

a reply from "Kyzera 7208 posts
70 Blood Elf Warlock

My lvl 70 DK doesn’t show the mining pick icon on their professions screen either.
However, my lower level alts with lower expansion ranks of Mining do show it."

I also have 3 that has the mining spell from all types of account ages.

----***************------

{-Example-} -sorry it wont let me Insert Hyperlinks. but i can do this-

Missing spell
i.postimg.cc/L4q6qnnZ/Screenshot-2023-10-19-202912.png

Has the spell
i.postimg.cc/gkTwkDf9/Screenshot-2023-10-19-230645.jpg

----***************------

When the Mining spell is missing in the professions journal:

If I attempt to create a macro using /cast Mining, the macro does not work.
However, on the character with the skill listed in the journal, it functions correctly.

Mining trainer says i have everything.

I can right click and works like normal - but that’s not the issue. the Spell should be on all mining toons.
I’m guessing that there are a lot of people who have this issue but don’t realize.

Also on toons that have the spell [Mining]

Using it does not work in Dragon Isles, it does however work everywhere else - so another bug?

1 Like

This is not just affecting mining. It’s affecting all gathering professions. My newly created Evokers have the icons for both mining and herbalism. None of my other characters (created prior to Legion) have it. I thought it was intended for it to be gone…until I created an Evoker, learned the professions, and it showed up.

My guess is something went wrong at the start of Dragonflight when all characters created prior to the expansion were imported to the updated databases. I have too much invested into my professions to try unlearning them/relearning them to see if that would fix it.

EDIT: Just created a new Rogue to level an allied race for the cosmetic gear, learned herbalism and mining, and the icons are there. So it appears that only characters that learned gathering professions prior to Dragonflight don’t have it.

I have a lvl 35 warrior from classic times that has the new Mining spell. oddly
A priest from classic Missing the mining spell.
A blood elf from BC Missing the mining spell
A hunter from classic Has the herb one
A DK from wotlk Has the mining spell
A DH from Legion Has mining spell

it feels kinda random lol

I am having the same issue. The nodes are missing from the minimap as well as the option to select what to track being gone. It absolutely feels random lol.

is your ability to track everything gone, or just nodes?

see if this brings back your tracking options:

/console minimapTrackingShowAll 1

have you trained them all with up-to-date skills?

tracks fine.

up-to-date skills > ya . does not give the new spell

-------------- Also

Lol more on this, you do not get a SkILL up on orange nodes when using the “spell [Mining]
5 yd range
3.2 sec cast
Gather ore and other minerals from deposits for use in Engineering, Blacksmithing, and Jewelcrafting.”

thats so silly, …

or with the herb one…

made a vid. showing it
youtu.be/bHItEDsgTaI?si=fho7VZGosLpyNgGD